T-Mobile Autopay Issue - Anyone Esle?

SRFast

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I am on the T-M $30/month prepaid plan and have been enrolled in the autopay system for the past 12 months. Everything has worked as expected until today. I received a text message from T-M stating that my account was past due and my account was now inactive. I had to contact T-M and make a manual payment using the same credit card I have used for autopay. My service was quickly restored after the manual payment, but why did the T-M system fail to process the autopay transaction for this month? I spoke to six different people at T-M including a "payment supervisor" and none of them had a clue. They see my 12 month auto payment history and the manual payment that was processed today, but can't explain why autopay failed. BTW, autopay is still active on my account. They tried to blame my credit card company, but they couldn't support that claim with a "declined charge" on file. When I told them I made the manual payment with the same CC I use for autopay, the supervisor asked "can we help you with something else today?" The "un-carrier" needs to get its act together.

If you are enrolled in autopay, I recommend you check your account to see if this option is still active.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Sounds just a technical glitch to be honest. I can't comment really though.. I don't use autopay for any of my major bills since I don't want a company having access to charge me as they see fit. I'd rather see the bill first then submit payment.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
This is why I turned off AutoPay last year. I am on post pay but when I had AutoPay turned on I would check my bill statement online every day but when my bill was due on the 26th usually autopayed a few days before that it was the 25th and still not paid. I then paid it manually and turned off autopay for good. Now I just pay my bill manually usually the second week of the month.

stridr69

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I've used auto pay now for the last 14 months. Works great, never have a problem and I love the convenience. The last 2 months on Post-Paid-prior to that on the $30 Wally World Plan. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis