Tmobile is throttling

derrickmd18#AC

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I have tmobile and a grandfathered 2 lines unlimited data plan. I'm paying 240 a month for a note 5 and note 4 and a gear s watch. Well I'm in easton md and on my primary line I'm not getting full Internet. It keeps dropping data. Well my second line gets 600k download. So I called tmobile last night and guess what since I opted out of blinge they took it upon them selves to drop my data speed on my primary line. Because I used over 10gb a month. So now on my primary line is have dropped calls and Internet goes in and out when it shows I have 4glte. So I'm going to sprint because apparently if I don't want to be apart of there blinge service on my unlimited data plan they can drop my data. With to me is fraud. Because you list it as unlimited data.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
What's the fine print say?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Something is definitely odd with that though. I average 100 + GB a month and I'm on the 2 lines for $100 a month deal and nothing has happened to me. I turned BingeOn to off on day one.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
How do you know they are throttling you and its not just network congestion or a tower issue?
Do you have binge on turned off?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Anybody else think its odd he is being throttled at 10GB? the standard cap is 21 or 23 or 25gb now.. it changes every so often.
are you torrenting or doing anything against TOS?

derrickmd18#AC

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
With unlimited data yeah. But unfortunately I can't use my job discount because they only do it for 10gb plan. Which is weird because on the phone I could get a 20gb plan but in store it's 10.

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what the terms said when you originally signed up--it's all no-contract now, well...except for device "don't call me a contract" payments. Uncarrier.

If you are absolutely positive that you are not doing anything wrong, file an FCC complaint. I bet that will make the run-around stop.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Binge on is off and I have 2 lines with them. One works fine and other does not. Called and they said they slowed down when I hit 10g

So which phone is not working fine and how much data on that one? Is Binge On turned off on both lines?

I'd call again and see what another rep says. If the same, get it in writing then go from there.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie