T-Mobile coverage in Colorado?

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone living on Colorado's front range (specifically the Boulder area) share their experiences with coverage here? How is the coverage in the foothills and mountains, since I spend a lot of time hiking and biking in the wilderness?

I ask because most places on the internet rate T-Mobile significantly worse than Verizon and AT&T here. Their coverage map looks very decent, but I'm not sure if I should believe it or not.

zamboni52

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
My daughter is at CU Boulder and she has good luck with T-Mobile coverage there. I'm sure Verizon or ATT have better coverage but they definitely cost more. Coverage in the ski areas are ok. I recommend going to a T-Mobile store and tell them you'd like to try out the service before you switch. If your phone is unlocked you just pop in the SIM and you're good to go. It cost me $10 to try it out. Service is good in the Springs btw.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! By ski areas do you mean Eldora, or the bigger resorts deeper in the mountains? What about reception on the roads to the resorts?

I would check out RootMetrics.com to see about your area. Personally anything with mountains is terrible for T-Mobile. Most likely bad reception.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Mountains suck for any service. In the hilly areas of West Virginia even Verizon has spotty coverage in some areas (despite their map claiming to have the area blanketed in LTE).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mountains suck for any service. In the hilly areas of West Virginia even Verizon has spotty coverage in some areas (despite their map claiming to have the area blanketed in LTE).

True. I just meant if services like Verizon have issues T-Mobile will be awful. They're a metro carrier.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Tmobile is a nationwide carrier

Posted via the Android Central App

Haha. So they say but in reality their coverage in non-metro areas is awful. They say "nationwide" because you get 2g out there .. I don't count that coverage the same as 4G LTE coverage since you know .. data is the main thing everyone is after ;).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair