Would you recommend using an unlocked hotspot?

dandan1983

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
I need a hotspot that has an external antenna port due to mediocre service in my area. I tried the MF61 but 4g isn't supported here on that device any longer. I'm looking at an unlocked hotspot as an option. Anyone have any experience with this? TIA

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean unlocked hotspot? You still have to pay for the hotspot data. T-Mobile doesn't have an unlimited hotspot option.

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean unlocked hotspot? You still have to pay for the hotspot data. T-Mobile doesn't have an unlimited hotspot option.

I guessing the OP is asking about a third party hotspot (hopefully compatibility-checked.) A BYOD for hotspots, if you will.

Droids4lyfe

Banned
Jul 15, 2016
Visit site

Yes they do have unlimited hotspot.......the plan my wife and I are on..the 2unlimited LTE for $100 a month. It comes with unlimited hotspot or tethering, it's 14gb of LTE download speed, then throttled. But the amount of data used while tethering is unlimited. The download speed is not. There is a difference between the two

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes they do have unlimited hotspot.......the plan my wife and I are on..the 2unlimited LTE for $100 a month. It comes with unlimited hotspot or tethering, it's 14gb of LTE download speed, then throttled. But the amount of data used while tethering is unlimited. The download speed is not. There is a difference between the two

Posted via the Android Central App

That isn't what I meant. I meant unlimited as truly unlimited .. not throttle crap internet lol. I don't count that as unlimited -- sorry.