T-Mobile now charging for JOD

Wano Fox

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Was told when we signed up we would get 3 jumps with nothing down. Now they are saying for every jump we may have to pay for a big phone deposit for every jump. Why even have this program if you have to give up your initial deposit AND phone just to do it every time you jump. Makes no sense.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
No idea why. For the Note 7 they didn't charge JOD orders the 60-dollar down payment that others had to pay for. I do know that lines seem to have a 1000-dollar credit line so it might be that if you go over that limit you may be asked for down payments on certain devices, but again, that's just speculation.

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I am on Tmobile' JoD program and I was told that if you get the base model there would no up front charge, but if you decided to go for the higher storage, you will need to put down a deposit.

Posted via the Android Central App

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Was told when we signed up we would get 3 jumps with nothing down. Now they are saying for every jump we may have to pay for a big phone deposit for every jump. Why even have this program if you have to give up your initial deposit AND phone just to do it every time you jump. Makes no sense.

Did you have a down payment before? Do you have a thing else like accessories financed or add additional phones after the first time you got these phones on JOD? The

Wano Fox

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Here's what happened. We are new customers.We paid over 700$ in July for A GS7 edge and An LG V10. Called today to upgrade to note 7. They said 400$ . I was like no way. Whats the point of the program if I already paid 700$ now I trade my phone back in AND pay 400$? I then asked what about jumping my V 10 to a GS7 edge like my girlfriend. Same 400$. Wow. But I did call a store down the Road, and they said the NEVER seen an Additional down payment if it is on JOD. I heard they have stopped taking JOD sign ups. Maybe they were just trying to not make a trade.

Wano Fox

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
We have been Customer since July 3. Paid 750$ down for our GS7 edge and V10. Whats the point of JOD if they want to charge me 400$ now and give them back my V10? I was told 0 down for 3 jumps.

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
We have been Customer since July 3. Paid 750$ down for our GS7 edge and V10. Whats the point of JOD if they want to charge me 400$ now and give them back my V10? I was told 0 down for 3 jumps.

I see. I'm guessing whoever told you it would be $0, provided incorrect info. Down payments are based on credit, so if you had one initially, no matter what, you'll have one each time you upgrade. It will automatically change to $0 down after 12 months of on time payments (with a very limited amount you can finance), or I think it's still 3 years before they'll change it based on tenure.

As for what's the point then, none except for them making money off people who don't qualify. You'd be surprised how many people I would upgrade using JOD or regular Jump who always had down payments and would trade in their phones, when they could have sold them for 2 or 3 times as much as they owe.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Here's what happened. We are new customers.We paid over 700$ in July for A GS7 edge and An LG V10. Called today to upgrade to note 7. They said 400$ . I was like no way. Whats the point of the program if I already paid 700$ now I trade my phone back in AND pay 400$? I then asked what about jumping my V 10 to a GS7 edge like my girlfriend. Same 400$. Wow. But I did call a store down the Road, and they said the NEVER seen an Additional down payment if it is on JOD. I heard they have stopped taking JOD sign ups. Maybe they were just trying to not make a trade.
700 dollars for two phones on JOD??!!! That's crazy! Unfortunately their 'usual' terms only apply to Good/Excellent credit ratings. If that's not the case, they do specify that a down payment would be required (but also your monthly payments should have gone down), I just didn't expect them to ask for half the device up front!

The JOD program, if you read the fine print, is STILL a lease, and an 18 month one at that. The 'point' of the program is that you can 'break' the lease early without any penalties (like normal leases do) up to three times a year and sign a new lease every time. Again, depending on credit worthiness, they do have down payments for higher storage models and lower-rating customers. They also 'waive' these down payments once you've paid 12 bills on time.

Wano Fox

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Yeah. They failed to mention that at sign up. I mean really whats the point. If I upgraded three times it would be over 2000$ for both of us. They said 0 down immediately. Not a deposit every jump.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek