Should I pay 175 deductible or have someone fix my screen

Jon_hdz14

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
Im trying to upgrade my phone w/ tmobile jump but i have a cracked screen. Should i pay the insurance deductible $175 or find someone to fix it for less?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I would so some research on if there are any more economical avenues available to you to get your screen replaced. If there is a reputable professional near you who can fix it for less - great! But your deductible is part of your phone insurance, yes? So it may be best to go that route, so you're covered in case anything else happens after the screen is replaced by T-Mobile.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
You don't say what model phone you have, but I'd see if I could get the screen fixed for a cheaper price.

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi! I would so some research on if there are any more economical avenues available to you to get your screen replaced. If there is a reputable professional near you who can fix it for less - great! But your deductible is part of your phone insurance, yes? So it may be best to go that route, so you're covered in case anything else happens after the screen is replaced by T-Mobile.
Your comment make a lot of sense... He may need to pay more but it is paying for warranty as well. Not just for the display replacement.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If I understand correctly, with Jump, you don't actually need to get it fixed, it's sort of like turning it in to be repaired, but you get your new model phone on the spot since they know the phone is going to be fixed by their own repair centers. Still have to pay the deductible, but you won't have to worry about anything else going wrong with it, or other issues (blown water tag?) that they may want repaired first. It may cost a bit more, but you're guaranteed to not have issues with the transition, and the added benefit of not being without a phone while your old one is repaired.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If I understand correctly, with Jump, you don't actually need to get it fixed, it's sort of like turning it in to be repaired, but you get your new model phone on the spot since they know the phone is going to be fixed by their own repair centers. Still have to pay the deductible, but you won't have to worry about anything else going wrong with it, or other issues (blown water tag?) that they may want repaired first. It may cost a bit more, but you're guaranteed to not have issues with the transition, and the added benefit of not being without a phone while your old one is repaired.
With jump the phone has to be in good working condition.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
With jump the phone has to be in good working condition.
Exactly. I wasn't quite clear. You drop off the damaged phone, pay the deductible as if you're going to send it for repair (because really, that's exactly what you're doing), then pick your new device with Jump. It's as good as working condition, since it's technically being repaired before being turned in. They just skip over the step of waiting for it to actually be repaired at that point, since they know it's being fixed. Unless something changed and they now DO wait for it to be returned from repair...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome