Pulling my hair out - TMobile can't figure out how to port my Gear watch over

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

We're in the process of testing/moving from VZW to TMO. My Note 5 phone was ported over from VZW about an hour ago. Now I want them to port my Gear S2 over and they keep telling me they need a SIM card # but it's my understanding there's no physical SIM card in my Gear S2. The port is supposed to be done electronically or something like that? I've now spoken to 4 people at TMO and they keep insisting they need a SIM card in order to do this.

The gal I spoke with on the phone about a week ago when I ordered the SIM for my phone seemed to know it would work. She said I just need to give them the ICC number which for the life of me I can't find in my watch settings but I do find an MEID number.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,
Deb

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
IccID IS the sim card (although not removable)

On my Gear S2 Classic (T-Mobile version)
Go to:
Settings -> Gear Info -> About Device ->
[scrolling through the options]
Model Number
imei
imeisv
iccid <-------
wifi mac
bluetooth address
tizen version
software version
serial number
knox version
storage
open source licenses

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have:

Model Number
Hardware Version
Gear Phone Number
PRL
ERI
MEID
Wifi Mac Address
Bluetooth Address
Software Version
Serial Number
Knox Version
Storage
Rated
Battery Capacity
Open Source License

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thinking about it, the S2 is technically only 3g (tmobile and att show as 4g because it's hspa+ not lte).

I believe that would make the Verizon version CDMA and the ATT/Tmobile version GSM. I'm not sure you CAN move the Verizon version to tmobile :(

The MEID was the number I always had to give to the Sprint reps whenever I changed phones.

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I was on AT&T and had a Gear S2. AT&T said they couldn't unlock mine and it was tied to AT&T. I have it for sale on Ebay and bought a Gear S3 from T-mobile. I like it a lot and was pissed at AT&T. They did not tell me there was a contract on it when I got it. I paid $126 to pay it off then was told it could not be unlocked.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I was on AT&T and had a Gear S2. AT&T said they couldn't unlock mine and it was tied to AT&T. I have it for sale on Ebay and bought a Gear S3 from T-mobile. I like it a lot and was pissed at AT&T. They did not tell me there was a contract on it when I got it. I paid $126 to pay it off then was told it could not be unlocked.

Well, that just sucks. I don't need to spend more $$$ but might have to hit Swappa for a Gear :( Thanks for sharing your experience.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You are welcome. So far I am very happy with T-mobile and I am glad I switched.

I can't believe how happy I am with TMO, too! I never expected it to come close to VZW but in one way it's even better for my Internet. The deciding factor will be hubby. He travels so he's taking a TMO phone and his VZW phone w/him this week for testing. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed it will work for him because now that I'm here, I don't wanna go back to VZW!

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I can't believe how happy I am with TMO, too! I never expected it to come close to VZW but in one way it's even better for my Internet. The deciding factor will be hubby. He travels so he's taking a TMO phone and his VZW phone w/him this week for testing. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed it will work for him because now that I'm here, I don't wanna go back to VZW!

I had Verizon prior to AT&T and they were fine when I lived in Salt lake City but here in Charlotte. Their coverage where I live is awful and their customer service was not great.

AT&T was much better but with T-mobile I have a better data plan and get more for my money. I think the coverage is a bit better with T-mobile and their customer service is very good. They seem to care more.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
with T-mobile I have a better data plan and get more for my money.

DITTO THAT! We are on 30GB *shared* data with VZW and my husband is a real data hog. He'd burn through it in the first week if I didn't nag him to leave some for me. At TMO you don't share data. If hubby wants to burn through his and chance being throttled it won't affect me :) He likely won't be, but just in case. If this works a huge weight will be taken off me having to babysit our data 24x7. We're also saving about $50 a month which would thrill me no end to be able to hang onto. :)