TMO's reaction to Verizon's new UDP: two ONE lines for $100

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Did you set up auto pay through a bank account/debit card for the discount? Auto pay in general makes me nervous and is a no-no; one tied directly to my bank account (with lesser protection) I consider just insane!
Yep I did.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I ported one of my prepaid lines to the new One plan. Was easy to do. I'll keep the other line on the $30/100min line so that if one month I don't want to renew it, I don't have to and I won't lose the number/account for up to a full year.

Also, I thought it was a good idea to move my main line back to postpaid because now I can buy the Note 8 on pre-order. You can't do that on prepaid. They have a small selection of OLD phones that you can buy on prepaid and they are even still offering the Nexus 4, at least it came up for me and even showed the place in cart option.

Biggest problem, they had to do a credit check again.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Permanently. I didn't have issues with T-Mobile coverage for my uses but due to some circumstances a friend needed to join my plan.

Long story short it will actually cost me a few bucks less a month, two lines got free phones from Verizon, and we gain coverage in case we go elsewhere that is needed. Basically just a win/win/win so I decided to swap over.
You didn't add the 2 free lines to your plan last year? I thought you would be all over that promo. But hey at least your happy and also, try not to use over 100GB lol.
Happy trails brother!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Permanently. I didn't have issues with T-Mobile coverage for my uses but due to some circumstances a friend needed to join my plan.

Long story short it will actually cost me a few bucks less a month, two lines got free phones from Verizon, and we gain coverage in case we go elsewhere that is needed. Basically just a win/win/win so I decided to swap over.

Welcome to the big leagues.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You didn't add the 2 free lines to your plan last year? I thought you would be all over that promo. But hey at least your happy and also, try not to use over 100GB lol.
Happy trails brother!

No -- I didn't need 4 then. What 100 GB? I think you're confusing the legacy unlimited plan -- I am not on that I am on the new one which doesn't have a cut off ;).Gotta keep up with these things before trying to be funny! :p.

elcheapodeluxe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I have read the web site backwards and forwards and am looking still for my answer. The reason I kept two lines on Simple Choice is that I only use about 1.5gb on my phone itself but sometimes really need the high speed hotspot. Spending extra for that didn't make sense. Now the new deal offers 10gb of hot spot data... however nowhere that I can find does it say 10gb per month. It is unusually ambiguous. Is it 10gb in a bucket - after which you need to upgrade, or is it 10gb per month?

I don't need the unlimited, but the 2x speed on the international roaming with the new plan would be nice. It would only be $3.75/mo for me to switch my two lines from our 6.5gb simple choice (where we have full 20gb data stashes on each line - so tells you our data usage!)

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I have read the web site backwards and forwards and am looking still for my answer. The reason I kept two lines on Simple Choice is that I only use about 1.5gb on my phone itself but sometimes really need the high speed hotspot. Spending extra for that didn't make sense. Now the new deal offers 10gb of hot spot data... however nowhere that I can find does it say 10gb per month. It is unusually ambiguous. Is it 10gb in a bucket - after which you need to upgrade, or is it 10gb per month?

I don't need the unlimited, but the 2x speed on the international roaming with the new plan would be nice. It would only be $3.75/mo for me to switch my two lines from our 6.5gb simple choice (where we have full 20gb data stashes on each line - so tells you our data usage!)
10 GB per line per month

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
No -- I didn't need 4 then. What 100 GB? I think you're confusing the legacy unlimited plan -- I am not on that I am on the new one which doesn't have a cut off ;).Gotta keep up with these things before trying to be funny! :p.
Isn't it funny Verizon kicked off all the so called heavy data users in the last year and a half only to bring back unlimited data plans. Lucky for you big league followed little leagues' lead on this one lol.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Isn't it funny Verizon kicked off all the so called heavy data users in the last year and a half only to bring back unlimited data plans. Lucky for you big league followed little leagues' lead on this one lol.
Well it made sense because the legacy plan allowed unlimited hotspot.. this one does not.

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

I suppose just as funny as TMO introducing Binge On with a free opt-out, then removing the free opt-out in the ONE plans, and then getting rid* of it in the most recent ONE plan. And given the timing, looks like the big league forced the little league's hand on this one.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I suppose just as funny as TMO introducing Binge On with a free opt-out, then removing the free opt-out in the ONE plans, and then getting rid* of it in the most recent ONE plan. And given the timing, looks like the big league forced the little league's hand on this one.

lol

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Well it made sense because the legacy plan allowed unlimited hotspot.. this one does not.
I understand but the hotspot for the legacy plans are so to say ala carte . With the new unlimited plan it is included like T-Mobiles plans. Those I assume who were heavy users that got the boot, they were paying for MHS separately? So why the boot? Because of using to much MHS or the so called UDP part? Or both? But anyways Big League Chew did lose a bunch of customers the last quarter. They had to do something, so,I do find it funny how similar of a plan to T-Mobile they came up with. I don't think big league will do the free roaming in 140+ countries though. I could be wrong though?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I understand but the hotspot for the legacy plans are so to say ala carte . With the new unlimited plan it is included like T-Mobiles plans. Those I assume who were heavy users that got the boot, they were paying for MHS separately? So why the boot? Because of using to much MHS or the so called UDP part? Or both? But anyways Big League Chew did lose a bunch of customers the last quarter. They had to do something, so,I do find it funny how similar of a plan to T-Mobile they came up with. I don't think big league will do the free roaming in 140+ countries though. I could be wrong though?
T-Mobiles doesn't include unlimited hotspot.. just the 10 GB like the Verizon plan then throttle down speeds. I guess you could say the throttled down speeds are unlimited.. but the same can be said for Verizon as well. They mimic.

The upgrade to get "unlimited hotspot" on T-Mobile is no different than the legacy one for Verizon in the sense of if you use too much hotspot they will remove you from the plan. It explicitly states this in the terms that people with high usage and a lot of it being hotspot will be contacted to discuss other plan options... Therefore no different than Verizon trying to get those off the legacy unlimited since they don't want people using it as home internet. No carrier does.. T-Mobile included.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Raino,
You know it is what it is. I look at it as this.
John Legere is playing cat and mouse with
With the big league duo. And when they respond especially, when there is a major change like what Verizon just did. He is laughing himself to sleep. It's a win win for wireless consumers really.
Binge on/off whatever it is was? Who cares it's gone now. Kapooot! If your unhappy about the T-Mobile been shaking the US wireless industry last 2-3 years? You can go and join the Big leagues lol. Just like from the beginning of this thread people can see this Binge on and off thing has been making you lose some sleep. Sit back and enjoy the show and reap the upcoming benefits this tug of war might spring.
Aloha 🤙🤙🤙

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Beginning March 1st, T-Mobile is giving away anyone with two lines on qualifying plans, a free line. Anyone on the One plans whether it's post or prepaid will get the free line, all you have to do is call in. You will get 3 lines for $100.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Beginning March 1st, T-Mobile is giving away anyone with two lines on qualifying plans, a free line. Anyone on the One plans whether it's post or prepaid will get the free line, all you have to do is call in. You will get 3 lines for $100.
And don't forget T-Mobile Tuesday has 1 free large papa John's pizza and 4 dollar all week movie tickets =) this week. Along with other stuff.
71a20e7fea59affa788503ea2f03d750.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol