So Cal user wanting to convert from Verizon to T Mobile. Any do this and what was your experience?

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I currently reside in Southern California. I have been with Verizon for 15 years. They gave me their "last and final" offer before I head over to T Mobile. Their "last and final" was what the nail in the coffin was and their inability to pro-rate their service if you switch during your billing period.

How is the coverage with T Mobile in Southern California? My phones are all paid off so, I am month to month.

matthewkuhl

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
So Cal is too vague. i know of no one in San Diego on TMo who have ever complained, and i myself am considering picking up a second SIM to give them a try (tired of AT&T)

IHateMyTreo

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Was with VZW and moved to TMo about 18 months ago. West LA based. Coverage was equivalent in that area, but fell off​ outside of urban areas. Best advice is to take your phone to a TMo store, buy a pre-paid SIM and test the coverage where you typically go.

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Their "last and final" was what the nail in the coffin was and their inability to pro-rate their service if you switch during your billing period.

FYI no postpaid network carrier prorates the last month's bill if you switch before your billing cycle is over--not even TMO.

Whiskey619

May 14, 2017
Visit site
I made the same switch almost exactly two years ago when I got absolutely fed up with Verizon customer service. They wouldn't let me upgrade a month early from a broken device, so I walked across the street and signed up with T-Mobile, and left with a new phone and a lower monthly payment, after paying just the taxes on my new phone (about $70), and not a cent out of pocket to Verizon on the year remaining on my contract.

Their coverage is great and fast in the cities, but thins when you get into rural areas. On the 10 between Cali and AZ you won't have internet most of the time, but you'll still have voice of needed, though it might be roaming. They also have WiFi calling, which can fill in some gaps when you don't have a connection to their network, and they bought a huge portion of the new spectrum to improve their network in the future.

posman53

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
If you have the latest iPhone or a Pixel, T-Mobile will pay off your phone, and you can use it on T-Mobile's network. You'll need to add the Premium Plus protection plan, and the phone has to pass inspection. The insurance runs $15 a month. Stop by a store so they can hook u up. It's a limited time offer. #getoutofthered . You'll love it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
SoCal is pretty broad. This could mean as far north as Santa Barbara, Nevada border (I-15 to Vegas), south to the Mexico border, and east to Arizona.

In my own personal experience (early 2016), there were various stretches of highway like I-15 from Escondido to Temecula, I-15 from Wildomar to Corona, I-215 from Murrieta to Riverside, and State Route 241 Toll Road in Orange County where T-Mobile's service would just drop. Stay in the more populated areas and you should be fine. But dropping on major routes like these killed T-Mobile for me. I hope they get better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish