Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Welcome to the AT&T Nexus S! New owners/members post here.

Just picked up your Nexus S, or just joined the forum? Post here and say hello

Default Re: Welcome to the AT&T Nexus S! New owners/members post here.

got the att nexus s today.

been on android central for awhile.
    pardon me, i seem to have lost my mind in a reading comprehension accident...

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

just got my new phone. I'm coming from an iphone and now I see what all the hub bub is all about

Chiming in!

Sent from Tapatalk

I took advantage of Best Buys green Nexus S for a day!!!! 8/3/11! I was eligible for an upgrade on att and I came from an iPhone 4. I love apple products but I had the 3gs before and i wanted a new experience. I also have the myTouch 4g on TMO and its a pretty good phone but I always read good things about the nexus. I also bought the nook a little less than a month ago and installed Cyanagen on it so I am fairly acquainted to the android world and definitely have love for it! Since I have the MyTouch and Nook I have been a member of android central for some time, but didn't visit too often because the iPhone being my primary phone I was always having on tipb with rene, leanna and georgia! lol However I look forward to spending all most of my time and attention here now and I am loving the phone so far. It's blazing fast and I love that it doesn't come with any bloatware!!! Looking forward to enjoying my new phone to the fullest!

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Mine finally arrived a couple days ago, and been busy configuring it, since.

This Nexus S is a serious improvement over my POS Atrix!
    Change is good!

Hi I'm new to the android seen but I'm glad I changed from the iPhone to the nexsus s. I've already rooted and played with a few roms
    Right now I'm running. INFINITI. I had problem with the first rom. Anyway I'm here and glad to be a android user.

ROM
    CM9 Alpha 11

So i just bought my first android phone today and its the att nexus s. ( off contract so when att gets the galaxy nexus i can pick that up too)I should get it the mail next week. I want to root it and put the ice cream sandwich rom on it even though it will get the official build soonish. Whats the best and easiest way to root the phone?

ROM
    Stock, Gtabcomb 3.3

I bought the AT&T Nexus S in August but just joined Android Central. Glad to be a member.

ROM
    Rooted Captivate

I just picked up my ATT nexus s. I know I'm late to the party. I had been rockin' the Captivate rooted. Since I couldn't justify buying unlocked GaNex for the price. Nexus s made for a better choice for me to experience official ICS update...when it decides to get released.

ROM
    stock N4

Quote Originally Posted by Android Rookie View Post
    I just picked up my ATT nexus s. I know I'm late to the party. I had been rockin' the Captivate rooted. Since I couldn't justify buying unlocked GaNex for the price. Nexus s made for a better choice for me to experience official ICS update...when it decides to get released.
    Hi Rookie, Im also thinking of getting the ATT Nexus S (unlocked) opposed to the Galaxy Nexus. Ive been looking around trying to find the best price and just wondered where you got yours. Thanks

ROM
    Stock 2.3.4

Just checking in - Got my Nexus S a few months ago when Best Buy had it for $0.00.

Love my Nexus - such a clean design.

Upgraded from an HTC Aria (now my 12 yo has a 3" tablet...), and my wife has a Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S). It's amazing how much better my phone feels than hers - just pull off all the carrier and the manufacturer's crap...

I don't want to root it because of some of the extra security vulnerabilities that show up on a rooted phone, so I'm waiting for the official ICS upgrade. And Wallet. Want Wallet. HURRY UP GOOGLE!!!
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.1.1 Jelly Belly

I just got mine from Best Buy and I'm in debate as to whether I want to sell it or not. The design is nice feels great in the hand but.....

Pentile display sucks it seems to be a lint, dust, dirt, and fingerprint magnet. And the same reason its comfortable in the hand is probably the same reason it will be prone to fly out of said hand(very slippery device)

Seriously i didnt know there was that much dust and lint in existence till I this thing...

Just joined Android Central, Ive had my Nexus S a while though. I can help with getting fastboot and adb working on linux, and can try to help anyone having trouble here.

-flyingmouth

Quote Originally Posted by flyingmouth View Post
    Just joined Android Central, Ive had my Nexus S a while though. I can help with getting fastboot and adb working on linux, and can try to help anyone having trouble here.

-flyingmouth
    Welcome. Thank you for offering your help, I'm sure someone will benefit from this at some point.

Enjoy the forums.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.