Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default wi-fi drops out

on some sites (webmd and amazon app), wi-fi drops out while downloading. 3g icon/service does not take over.

my internet is att data card via cradlepoint router. computer via lan cable from router surfs fine.

close apps, icon goes to 3g, icon then becomes wifi. restart app, 5 seconds of download, wifi goes away, no 3g icon.

wifi/radio issue similar to sprint ns4g?
    pardon me, i seem to have lost my mind in a reading comprehension accident...

Default Re: wi-fi drops out

I don't believe it has anything to do with the Nexus S 4G radio problems, since the AT&T compatible Nexus S has been out overseas for quite some time and a widespread issue like this would have been fixed by now.

Have you tried using a different WiFi network to see if the problem is WiFi related or phone related?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

bravo! 100% spot on. found random open wifi, downloaded w/o issues.

dana on the road

Global Posts
    5,154 Global Posts

My Wifi signal is really jacked up. I am literally sitting by the wireless router and it shows me one bar. It also still swaps between Wifi and 3g, this is a constant at work and at home, not sure what is going on but its killing my data plan.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

sorry to go back to this.

the app still kills my internet connection. I've tried 2 different routers. tried full att 3g.

wifi or 3g indicators turn white from the normal green, then disappear. reception bars turn white, then back to green.

dana on the road

dana on the road

dana on the road

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wpbfjr View Post
    sorry to go back to this.

the app still kills my internet connection. I've tried 2 different routers. tried full att 3g.

wifi or 3g indicators turn white from the normal green, then disappear. reception bars turn white, then back to green.

dana on the road

dana on the road

dana on the road
    Same thing has been happening to me! I think its the Wifi range, its horrible. On my previous device I would get 3 bars in my office. WIth the nexus s I get 1. Not sure this can be fixed with software.