Nexus S screen replacement

anon(536616)

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
So as an iPhone user if I encounter a problem with the phone or even if I break the screen by dropping it, I go to the Apple store and one way or another arrange/pay to have it repaired or replaced. The good news about this is that I don't really have to be without a phone for any length of time and I don't have to be concerned if they know what they're doing with the repair.

My son has a Galaxy Nexus S with a freshly cracked screen. What is the process for getting a Nexus S screen fixed since taking it to a local store doesn't seem to be an option (or is it)? I found a few places online where you can ship the phone to get the screen replaced but I thought I'd get some advice from the Android community before I boxed it up and shipped it away for a few days.

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
IMHO, the Android walk in service is few, far between, and a while off. while you talk up the iOS phones, remember there was a great delay between required apple service centers, and reliable private repair services.

Android platform has many manufactures, vs iOS being single sourced.

* executive summary: deal with it and send it in. or, start a business, as you might be investigating. ;)

on the road

anon(536616)

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Just want to add that my question (posted above) isn't a back door way of trying to point out some iOS or iPhone/Apple benefit or advantage over Android or the Nexus S. I really am looking to find out from those that know the best way to handle a damaged Nexus S that ensures a fair price and quick turnaround.

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
and i'm pointing out:
* that time takes time
* opening an Android centric repair chain is a great idea.

:)

on the road

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy