Problems after restoring from backup

karoelle

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi all!

I received the ICS ver. 4.0.3 OTA 6 days after I received the Google Nexus S in the middle of December, I let the update go on, but had as many other problems with power consumption. There was another strange problem with Maps/Navigation, best as I was driving along the road "the lady" began to read a text that sounds roughly like this:" http://www.w3.org/2001/"+ something more where the word livetstr? (tree of life) is included, it is running like that in endless loop until I stop navigation, language is Danish. This problem is still there after back to factory setting, maybe it was wrong to select restore the apps when I reset the phone? But is there anyone who understands/can explain what goes wrong with Maps/Navi "lady" hoping for help here/Is it phone or Andorid update that makes the problem?

My Nexus S is EU model I9023 IML74K. Stock Android
BTW. power consumption are much better now :)

Sorry for my bad English :'(

Karoelle

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
That problem is definitely one I haven't heard of before, but you are correct that it is probably related to the restore feature. Particularly when upgrading to a new OS release. I would factory reset and start over.

karoelle

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Cory!

I will do a factory setting and be back when I know the outcome. :D

Some people here sayes that the update has bug, the update vas stopped by Google,
but my update came OTA and I am stuck with it.:(

Karoelle

SandyDoxy

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm not trying to be forum police or anything, but this section is for the AT&T Nexus S (9020a), which has not had an OTA ICS update (as far as I know).

So most of the readers here do not have an OTA ICS update, and probably won't be your best resource for help with your problem. I would suggest that if you still have trouble after Cory's suggestion, you post in a forum more tailored for your flavor of Nexus S.

On the bright side - we're all jealous of your ICS phone. :D

karoelle

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Sandydoxi!

I know I am on wrong forum, I am not shure Androidcentral have a Nexus S I9023 (EU forum)???
But Androidcentral forum have a lot af Wise guys to help dudes like me :-[

Can you direct me to where I can post in Androidcentral, in advance Thank you.

Karoelle

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz