Anyone get ICS via OTA?

mtfarm

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
If anybody felt an earthquake on the 2nd it was me hitting the floor when I saw the available update for my I9020A.

I loaded the zip file above and so far day 2 and no problems. I am so far impressed but still unimpressed on difficulty getting updates.

feastingonflesh

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
has anyone else tried this to see if it is BS or true link. sorry if i sound skeptical but i'm a real noob with anything other than blackberries. i switched to nexus s and love it so far. but i also don't want a brick. any replies would be great.

panzer15

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
the link is real, I updated my phone a couple of weeks ago via this method and it was fast simple and easy. this is what I did:

click the link and download the file
move the file from your pc (eithr mac or windows) to your phone via usb connection
turn off your phone
now, hold the power button and volume up at the same time to open fastboot mode, you will get a menu with the adroid logo.
move with the volume rocker and select with the power button, select recovery
you will get a android and a warning sign
now press the volume up and power ntil you get a menu
apply recovery or update from sd card
choose the file you moved from your pc

enjoy

check that your battery has enough charge (75 percent at the least)
move the file to a locatio thats easy to access and remember

I did this without any knowledge on android, its very easy.

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
fwiw, i've tried the method mentioned above, and i tried the method paul the mod posted. neither one works for me... not sure my error, as i've read the instructions... que sera...

Citizendino

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, see, I hate being the negative guy. I like my Nexus S a lot to be sure. But, this is like the holy trinity of crap that annoys me. Seriously we are absolutely without any viable means of customer support. I pay hundreds of dollars a month for a carrier plan, and no one can help with my device.

and rooting is lame. Should I have to root my car to get all of the horsepower, or my hotwater heater to get a good shower. No, a thing should do what it can do.

frankernator88

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I received my update 2 days ago ota be patient....I work for sprint n the nexus demo we have also got the update...be patient I've seen customers with it already

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech