Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default As of April 26th

So, just for fun. I am actually on the phone right now, on hold, with ATT tech support manager Connie Jenkins. She said that ATT does not service the Nexus S, and as such does not offer the OTA.

She and I talked to Cameron at Samsung Tech Support. Cameron said that ATT is supposed to send out the OTA. Connie said that ATT will not be sending out an OTA.

So we called Google, no live person.

Then ended up at Best Buy.

So, the manufacturer of my phone says they are not doing an OTA for ATT. ATT says they do not support my phone so they are not doing an OTA.

Connie is on the phone with Best Buy right now. This is awesome.

Why would anyone buy into this nightmare?

What is worst? I like the phone. I just want someone to support it.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: As of April 26th

According to this link...

SAMSUNG

My Nexus S is not getting ICS.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

So, the end of this goes like this for me. I called ATT, get to tech support. Escalated up to a Floor Manager. After a couple of hours, it looks like ATT is not going to do the over the air update.

But, after calling Best Buy, I can go into best buy, and the geek squad will put it on my phone. Per my black tie agreement.

The joy of buying an unsupported phone.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Nope, Best Buy lied to me. No ICS for me.

ATT called, and she said they are not supporting the phone, so there will be no OTA.

Which seems to make sense, since the Nexus S is not on the ICS list from Samsung.

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts

well, maybe we can return nexus s to bb and get the galaxy nexus via black tie service agreement since the ads at the time said upgrades would be made to then nexus s flagship phone.
    pardon me, i seem to have lost my mind in a reading comprehension accident...

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Citizendino View Post
    According to this link...

SAMSUNG

My Nexus S is not getting ICS.
    from the above page: "This list may be altered as updates are confirmed or released."

reading comprehension tells us "not" is not written in stone...
    pardon me, i seem to have lost my mind in a reading comprehension accident...
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I actually tried that with BB. It was an awesome interaction with the general manager of the local store. AWESOME. She just finally said, I AM NOT GOING TO HELP YOU. WE ARE DONE TALKING.

I know that it says it can be altered, but ATT tech support said that they are not doing it. That seems definitive. That would be a good reason as to why my device is not on the list.