I changed the wallpaper of my Nexus S today, and the background went black and my phone turned off. I immediately tried to turn it back on, and it turned on! But, the problem is, the screen is completely unresponsive to my touch. I can't unlock it at all. What's worse is the power button doesn't wake the phone, yet it turns the phone on (but not off, I have to remove my battery for that). My phone is overheating (I think overworking, as well) itself and draining my battery extremely fast. I can't get to an AT&T store any time soon, so a home remedy will have to do for now.

Any and all ideas for a fix are accepted.