Nexus S Jellybean update

karoelle

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi all!

After last update (GB > ICS) It worked for me again :D My Nexus S is now on Jelly Bean (i9023XXKI1) I live in Denmark.
Only odd thing is that navigation besides Danish female voice also has a male voice in a language which I don`t understand????

maybee I am in wrong forum? If so please correct me.

Karoelle

chacalau

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
not really sure what the question , or topic of this tread was supposed to be, but I thought I would post somewhere that my Nexus S got the Jelly Bean update OTA yesterday. I am in Melbourne Australia.

Google Now seems like a great feature... I'm sure it will get better with time, once it tracks my activities and browsing history, etc.

The only downside I can see so far is that my battery life seems to have drop by about half. this is a bit concerning.... I'll have to check the settings bit more closely, but it definitely doesn't last as long... maybe only about 8 hrs , with wifi and GPS off.

it is nice to be on the latest version of Android quite quickly... that's why I bought a nexus :)

enjoylife949

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
The factory images have worked well for me.
I have tried both the 4.0.4 and 4.1.1 factory images on my i9020a.
All you have to do is download the image from this google developer page and follow the instructions. Beware that installing a factory image will wipe your phone.
Download 7-Zip if you need a utility to work with tar files.

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Cr1ms0nGh0st

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
It didn't work for me at all. I did end up installing the factory image from Google so I now have Jellybean but I now just realized that I'm running it with out the drivers, so missing the real benefit to Jelly 4.1.1. I'm new to this, so I'm now looking into how to install the driver binaries.

enjoylife949

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
It didn't work for me at all. I did end up installing the factory image from Google so I now have Jellybean but I now just realized that I'm running it with out the drivers, so missing the real benefit to Jelly 4.1.1. I'm new to this, so I'm now looking into how to install the driver binaries.

Maybe you installed the wrong image. There is more than one type of Nexus S. If you have the correct image maybe you did not flash everything. After you un-tar the downloaded image you should open the flash-all.sh script with a text editor such as notepad, or better yet vim. The flash-all.sh script shows what you need to do. Here are the commands for the i9020a image.

fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-crespo-i9020xxlc2.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot flash radio radio-crespo-i9020uckj1.img
fastboot -w update image-sojua-jro03e.zip

Perhaps you did not run all these commands.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

rjk47

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Maybe you installed the wrong image. There is more than one type of Nexus S. If you have the correct image maybe you did not flash everything. After you un-tar the downloaded image you should open the flash-all.sh script with a text editor such as notepad, or better yet vim. The flash-all.sh script shows what you need to do. Here are the commands for the i9020a image.

fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-crespo-i9020xxlc2.img
fastboot flash radio radio-crespo-i9020uckj1.img
fastboot -w update image-sojua-jro03e.zip

Perhaps you did not run all these commands.

have had my nexus s for about a week now (used one from ebay) currently has 2.3.4, also have a sprint version , running 4.1, cant use it with the carrier, so I purchased he att version 9020a
jusy wanna make sure I can do this upgrade without bricking the phone, or at least have some options afterwards. ....I copy the image to my phone (usb mode), run the fastboot pgm and it'll do the rest, or least follow the directions, as well as follow your suggestions (fastboot x 5 options), plz confirm - and tks

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
have had my nexus s for about a week now (used one from ebay) currently has 2.3.4, also have a sprint version , running 4.1, cant use it with the carrier, so I purchased he att version 9020a
jusy wanna make sure I can do this upgrade without bricking the phone, or at least have some options afterwards. ....I copy the image to my phone (usb mode), run the fastboot pgm and it'll do the rest, or least follow the directions, as well as follow your suggestions (fastboot x 5 options), plz confirm - and tks

The images remain on your computer in the same folder as your fastboot and adb files. Don't copy then onto your phone because they are ran from your computer.

You will boot into your bootloader and connect your device to your computer via USB cable. Verify you have a connection by typing.

fastboot devices ( from a command prompt window)

You should get a random set of numbers returned if connected.

Then proceed to run the fastboot commands to flash the image update. If you obtained the factory image from Google's Nexus factory image list there should be no worries.

This is the link to the 4.1.2 factory images from Google for the AT&T Nexus S.

https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/sojua-jzo54k-factory-1121b619.tgz

Sent from my HTC ONE using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox