So...Who Has One?

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
There is a battery watch/widget that will show you draining, when, how much, how long. Called battery monitor widget.

Can also try using Juice Defender, it does help. I normally keep my data off unless I need it, or in a 3g or HSPA+ are and need it. I use WiFi at home.

Using the phone def drains it quickly...price we pay for such a beautiful screen...but I can live with it.

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I agree. My phone shows 4g lte so.ill see how long.battery last on lte if it is active here in la.

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk

rsohne

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
The android phones on display at AT&T all exhibit lag. Im guessing it has something to do with the demo software they always have running behind the scenes. As far as the browser just download dolphin browser and your problem is solved.
I have to agree. I have been to 2 different stores and the Nitro did have lag. I bought it anyway and doesn't have the same problem. The strangest thing is that after rooting and a hard reset I hav e no lag at all!:D

rsohne

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
When I had the Thrill it took about a week for battery to level out. In the end it was no better or worse than any other Android phone I have used.

jjb70

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Have you changed any settings to increase your battery life? I used my device on wifi starting at 9:30am today beginning with 100% charge. I played pandora for about an hour using the speaker, checked FB a couple of times, sent about 5 texts, browsed thru probably about 15 page loads, took a one hour call, and by 2:30 I was down to 11%. I'm not sure if this is considered heavy usage, but this is typical of my daily routine which, with my previous phone, would land me closer to 8:00pm (which would include another hour of pandora, 15 page loads, and some texts) before needing a charge.

Can any of you suggest a good battery monitoring/tracking tool which I can use to diagnose what is causing the drain?
Keep your GPS toggled off at all times until you need it. That will help a lot.

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I had this phone for already 3 days, and the battery is terrible, and died from 8:50 am to 3:20, I came from a Sgs2 which battery managed to last me more than 24 hours, the phone lags way more than the sgs2 and to be clear I'm on hspa area, and not lte, s is not the radio, the phone sometimes lags a little bit, but other times u have to wait like 20 seconds to get a response.

rsohne

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I had this phone for already 3 days, and the battery is terrible, and died from 8:50 am to 3:20, I came from a Sgs2 which battery managed to last me more than 24 hours, the phone lags way more than the sgs2 and to be clear I'm on hspa area, and not lte, s is not the radio, the phone sometimes lags a little bit, but other times u have to wait like 20 seconds to get a response.

I have to admit the battery isn't the greatest but ever since I rooted yesetrday its been running 100% better. Not exactly sure why but no more lag at all. Just rooted and hard reset.

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I heard a lot of good things of rooting and hard reset.

SuperOneClick and factory reset is all it needs then? I might try...

How is the software with rooting? And if need be, going back to stock?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Rooting does nothing with the software. It's the hard reset that helps with the lag (which makes sense since you're factory restoring your phone).

Also, unless you're actively using GPS leaving the radio on doesn't affect battery. It's a passive receiver. It sends out no signals at all.

spaceboyusa

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Search XDA for "LG Nitro" and you should see a "[Request] Dedicated Forum..." thread in the results. Go to page 9 of that thread and you'll find specific instructions on how someone has successfully rooted the Nitro. As an AC noob, I'd post URL but don't think I can...and as an Android noob I'd try the root myself but am still a little hesitant...;)

Jpevey

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Had mine for two days. Really digging it so far, very nice feel in the hand. It's just that I am new to androids and not may people have this phone so there is very little support for it. Being an old guy, I need all the help I can get. Did get all my music on it and most of my photos. The HD videos look fantastic on it, all my old music videos will have to go.

Anybody know how to convert videos to get the most from that big screen?

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I really like it too. I have read a lot about it and there is a lot of hate put on the Nitro. I don't know what it is but I really like it. I have a Skyrocket as my personal phone and the LG as a work phone and I seem to reach for this more often. Call me crazy but its nice.

jgivesit

May 7, 2011
Visit site
...so, I am now a prior owner of the Nitro HD, and the current owner of a Skyrocket. As much as a hated giving up on the phone, I had to because of the battery issues, even after rooting, debloating, installing battery defender ultimate and using an aggressive setup, and using the non-LTE apn. As much as I loved the screen and the build quality (yes, I think the build quality was top notch), I had to make the sacrifice for a phone that will get me through the day.

Differences - Nitro screen is far nicer...it is hard going backwards in resolution, even with the Samoled color saturation. Battery seems far better than the Nitro so far...I'm getting roughly double the life. The software is buttery smooth on the SR while there was some laginess in the LG (not bad though). If LG can fix the battery life issue, I'd say the Nitro is a better buy. With that said, I can't recommend it because the battery drain is that big of an issue.

Goodbye smooth text, hello jaggies - how I hate to see you again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34