Help rooting one x

rdxhd

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
First, I would recommend doing nandroid the first time you boot into recovery. Look here One X Android Development - xda-developers for any ROM that tickles your fancy and flash it under recovery. Remember to first factory reset in recovery and delete your cache and dalvik before installing the ROM. This will delete all you apps so back them up with TiB. I think this will take you a while and I am going out so if you have any questions I can answer later.

Reactions: xXBLACKBERRYXx5

rdxhd

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Clean rom looks good. But I have a question. Supersu isn't in my app tray anymore. Is that a problem?

That's really strange. It has been in my app drawer since the original install. Did you install a ROM or anything else? maybe you should downloaded again from the play store.

rdxhd

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Very well.

Did you download Titanium Backup pro? It is a nice way of making sure that your root is working since it will ask for supersu permission.

rdxhd

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Actually, try downloading Go Backup. It has all the functionality you want and the interface is much easier plus you can back up sms and mms. It was recommended to me yesterday and it is pretty good.

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

Sounds good looking at cleam rom myself...

How did you manage to get the bin file opened I have having major trouble trying to get the bootloader code to put it.

Thanks