having trouble installing cleanrom 4.0

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
these are the only instructions they gave...

Must have custom recovery installed with unlocked bootloader!
Copy ROM to storage
Reboot to Recovery
Recommend wiping data / Factory Reset in Recovery!
Install ROM
Reboot to System
Profit!

maybe for someone that knows what they are doing thats enough info but i dont know where to even start with those vague instructions. can any one help me out with more details please?

rdxhd

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
First, I would look for some videos in youtube to learn how to flash a ROM. It is actually not that difficult but it is kind of difficult to explain in words. So, having said that I don't make myself responsible for your device. Flash at your own risk. Make sure you have at least 50% battery if not more:

Here are the steps

First, download the zip file with the ROM to your computer. Then transfer the zip file to your phone's sd drive. The sd drive is the partitition of memory where all your music, picture, etc are stored. Note: don't unzip the file at any point; the actual zip file is needed for the recovery tool. Reboot into recovery which means boot up while holding power + volume down. Once there you will be in the bootloader. Then use the volum rocker to get to the recovery which you can select with the power button. Once in the recovery tool do a nandroid which is a back upof your system. Then select factory reset/wipe data then delete cache. Then select install zip from sd card. Look for the zip file you want to intall and flash it. Go back in the menu. Reboot to system. It will take longer than usual to reboot since it is the first time you are doing it. Let it complete the whole thing. The first thing you want to do is update the su binary in Supersu. After that you can re-do the steps if you want to flash any of the MODs that come with this ROM. Another note: This ROM is odex so don't install any mods that are not odex. If you are not sure don't do it. It may slow down or crash your unit.

Reactions: xXBLACKBERRYXx5

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Let me just start off by saying I've never flashed a custom rom before but I am rooted.

So now that you've flashed, is there a performance difference at all noticeable? Mainly referring to multi tasking, but if there's more please enlighten me :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

rdxhd

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Let me just start off by saying I've never flashed a custom rom before but I am rooted.

So now that you've flashed, is there a performance difference at all noticeable? Mainly referring to multi tasking, but if there's more please enlighten me :)

Mutitasking with this ROM is much better. The ROM comes with two MODs that help mutitasking quite a bit. I am currently using version 2 of that MOD and I can open 5-6 apps without reloading at all. Of course YMMV since each app uses different ammount of resources but I tested with broswer, pulse, gmail, google translate, play store app and I had not problem.

rdxhd

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I got the Rom installed thanks :)

Did you update the binary in Supersu?

Also, you can flash the other MODs that the developers list of the website. They are in a folder in your sd drive call CleanRom

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Did you update the binary in Supersu?

Also, you can flash the other MODs that the developers list of the website. They are in a folder in your sd drive call CleanRom

Yeah I got multitasking 2 and over clocking and the battery percentage in the little status bar, pretty awesome. And yes multitasking is amazing now.

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Also if I save all the rom to drop box can I delete it off my phone but keep it in drop box and it still work?

rdxhd

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Which one of these over clockings is the fastest?

I don't like using the overclock MODs mostly because I see little performance improvements and lots of battery depletion but that just me. I will start with the lowest MOD and see how you like it. The 1.6 is the lowest.

rdxhd

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
So another question. Let's say jelly bean hits the one x. Will I need to delete this rom before updated to jelly bean?

If is from HTC you will have to get it via RUU but before that you will have to lock your bootloader. If it is from a ROM then you will flash it like this ROM after doing a factory reset in recovery.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech