None of my ROMs are booting!

atomic_squid

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I've been experimenting with various ROMs, including JellyBam, Nocturnal'd, and AOKP, I'm trying Viper right now. NONE of them have gotten past the boot screen. It's been almost an hour for each, with multiple cold restarts. Did I brick my phone somehow? (Note: I accidentally cleared internal storage)

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
no, you did not brick your phone...

can you get into recovery? can you get into bootloader?

if you can only get into bootloader, reflash twrp recovery... once in recovery, go to mount or advanced.. then mount usb storage... it should show up on your pc, copy a rom to the phone.. once it is done, reboot to bootloader (this is important as some people have issues flashing right away after transferring files). Fastboot flash the img from the rom you copied to phone, then go into recovery and flash it... should work at that point.

atomic_squid

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
False alarm.. ViperXL works... Took like an hour to flash the kernel, so I'm assuming that was the problem.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Android Central Forums

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
holy balls man hahaha... never heard of it taking that long... well, im just impatient and boot back to recovery and reflash... good deal man

the all in one toolkit just got an update too... makes things easier

"This Update took FOREVER to do, but I did it for you guys!!!

v2.1 Released! 1-22-2013
- Added a Factory RUU link
- Added a way to check your CID
- Get Token ID command will take you to bootloader and then get it. No more booting to bootlaoder manually
- Added a feature to flash RUU zip file
- Flash A Kernel command will take you to bootloader and then flash it. No more booting to bootlaoder manually
- Relock Bootloader command will take you to bootloader and then relock it. No more booting to bootlaoder manually"

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! (also, unrelated question: How do you get images for your sig?)

I just saved them from those threads, grouped them together on my iPad(in which i just sold, getting a nexus 7 soon!) in a editing app. You can use photoshop, or even Paint in M$ to place different photos together and crop the whole thing to make it small enough for the sig.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
ah.. haha, no prob.... scroll to the top of this thread, to the left you will see your name, and next to it settings... click settings and edit signature .. there you can upload an image and place it, then save

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown