Can't find my wifi Router after flashing several ROMs

svenoaks

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Have tried DirtyRom, JellyBam, and ViperXL (with the wifi partition update) and I can't find my wifi router. It doesn't appear in the list of connections and says 'not in range' when added manually. It magically appeared once with DirtyRom and I downloaded some stuff, then disappeared again when device was reset. Also made a brief appearance with ViperXL. My other devices are connecting fine and I've tried resetting the router. Also wiped everything when flashing the ROMs. I had no problems with stock ICS (on at&t). Am I just SOL at this point? Buy a new router if I want bloatware free JB? What brand, lol?

svenoaks

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
In case anyone has a similar experience - I ended up going with ViperXL 2.4.1 - an ICS ROM. There was no new firmware available for my router and I tried every possible setting. It seems all of the JB Rom's currently available are built from the same base which contains the fatal flaw.

On the plus side - my phone seems rock solid, and is much more customizable, and I don't have to deal with AT&T bloatware anymore, which was my main objective.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Im running viper 3.2.1 and I have no problem with connecting to Wi-Fi... it must be your device specifically... I've read some people having the same issue you did, and they flashed the WiFi fix... worked for some, not for others.
I didn't need the WiFi fix, but if I were you, if give it a shot...

svenoaks

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
It seems to be my router specifically. ViperXL 3.2.1 was able to see other wifi networks, just not my own.
I flashed the "Wifi Partition Update" if that's what you mean? Is there another wifi fix?

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
2wire? I think some people had luck changing away from wpa for security. There has been some routers that do not like the new Wi-Fi driver.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Sorry bud, but I HAVE heard others in the same situation. I purchased recently, from Amazon, a refurb Cisco e3200 for my upstairs to pair with the one I already had downstairs. $60 gets you separate 5Ghz N and 2.4Ghz b/g networks. Pairs very nice, and fast, with the HOX @ 5Ghz, and leaves older 2.4Ghz devices on their own network to not slow you down. Not saying its cool your router won't see your phone, just pointing at a possible solution that may also be an upgrade :). Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89