Venom Hub/Elemental X - should I?

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I was looking through the Venom Hub and saw this optional Kernal. What benefit would it be to go with this if any. What are the negatives?

From my HTC One X running ViperXL 3.2

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I was looking through the Venom Hub and saw this optional Kernal. What benefit would it be to go with this if any. What are the negatives?

I highly suggest it... leave everything at default settings in the installer, select sleep 2 wake (wake the screen by sliding your finger from back button to menu button)

Some people have had an issue with reboots with the kernel(although this is because they undervolted). If you have any issues, just flash 5.0 vanilla. You'll get better battery life out of this kernel for sure.

Remember to make a backup of viper before you attempt anything! Just in case something goes wrong, you can get back easily.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Also,I suggest S-OFF... makes things a while lot easier, and most people that have had problems with elemental, have been s-on

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Also,I suggest S-OFF... makes things a while lot easier, and most people that have had problems with elemental, have been s-on

S-off? What? Where?
Also, does this improve battery and performance? Noticeable? The version in the Hub is 5.0 vanilla. Is this a simple download and install or is that wishful thinking on my part?

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
S-off? What? Where?
Also, does this improve battery and performance? Noticeable? The version in the Hub is 5.0 vanilla. Is this a simple download and install or is that wishful thinking on my part?

It improves battery and performance... when you go to kernels in the hub, and select elemental, vanilla is the default, press the version (where it says "5.0 vanilla" and you should be able to select 5.0)

S-OFF allows you to do a number of things.. for one, you won't have to flash boot.img anymore, just install Roms/radios/kernels in twrp without that extra step.. it's easy to do, and won't mess up your phone

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2155071

Sent from my Dirty RootBox Nexus 7

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I flashed ElementalX vanilla and 2.41 radio the other day. Before my signal was from 2 to 3 bars where I live, after flashing the 2.41 radio I went up one to two bars, Now I have 3 to 4 bars showing all the time. And, I think my speed went up about a half mgb also.But I live in a lot of hill country in Arkansas and don't get the reception on AT&T as those who have VZW do here .

FIDLAR

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
better to flash the one from the official kernel thread because last time I had Viper the kernel was outdated.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers