Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Bizzle69
  • 2 Post By atomic_squid
  • 1 Post By Bizzle69
  • 1 Post By loraque
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What ROMs are you running?

So far, I've run ViperXL (first and current ROM), AOKP, CM10, Pacman, Dirty ROM, JellyBam, and LiquidSmooth. What are you guys running? Any kernel and ROM combos you like?

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

ROM
    ViperXL/Dirty Rom

Default Re: What ROMs are you running?

I'm digging the viper XL + elemental kernel.. Many things to like about this, and I flashed the new 3.18 radio and I got better speeds, reception and battery
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
    Rooted, HyperDrive Rom

If I helped you out, hit the thanks button on this post!
    MangoPowah likes this.

ROM
    CM 10.1 and AOKP 4.2 RP

Loving JellyBam, especially the latest update. It's a lot more organized and usable now, and I really enjoy using Pie (even if it's kinda pointless). My only worry is that I'm getting a bit antsy having not tried something new for a while. My only complaint is the lack of photosphete.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
    Optimus G Pro, running CarbonROM 4.3!
    Bizzle69 and MangoPowah like this.

ROM
    ViperXL/Dirty Rom

Quote Originally Posted by atomic_squid View Post
    Loving JellyBam, especially the latest update. It's a lot more organized and usable now, and I really enjoy using Pie (even if it's kinda pointless). My only worry is that I'm getting a bit antsy having not tried something new for a while. My only complaint is the lack of photosphete. Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
    Agreed..I've been flashing different Roms every other day until viper XL 3.2.3 came out..Been running viper 90% of the time.
    There will be a rom that you will settle on eventually..took me 4 months haha

Rooted, HyperDrive Rom

MangoPowah likes this.

I switched to the OTA JB. Tweaked it a bit, trimmed down the bloat some and getting pretty good luck with it, battery is superb for me, average about .5% drain over night. 8 hours off the charger yesterday and a few phone calls and tweaking I lost 8 % battery. I did find a few kernels kills the System UI and don't know how to it back on.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

I've been running the Pacman ROM. I was on ViperXL but I wanted the AOSP feel again, and more importantly 4.2.2. Some of the small things like lockscreen widgets and replying text from notification shade make the smartphone experience more efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzle69 View Post
    I'm digging the viper XL + elemental kernel.. Many things to like about this, and I flashed the new 3.18 radio and I got better speeds, reception and battery
    I've been running Viper XL stock and really love it. Been wondering what the difference is running the Elemental kernel. Is it pretty much the same with better battery life?

ROM
    ViperXL/Dirty Rom

Quote Originally Posted by edukated View Post
    I've been running Viper XL stock and really love it. Been wondering what the difference is running the Elemental kernel. Is it pretty much the same with better battery life?
    Yes, better battery and you can overclock and get the same battery life... 6.5 added fast charge and venom sd card mount

Sent from my JellyBammed Nexus 7
    Rooted, HyperDrive Rom

Hatka 4.7.1 w/ Sense 5 Elements
    Nexus FTW

I have been running Cleanrom 6R2 for a couple weeks now, on both mine and the wife's. We had been on Viper, but both of us were having trouble. Her proximity sensor would not work correctly, resulting in "face dialing" going on every call. I tried a couple apps to adjust it, but it never worked right on Viper for her. In addition to that, I would see many random crashes... usually only after weeks of running Viper. But it would seem to get worse for the both of us, the longer we ran it. The more Venom tweaks I used, the poorer my performance got.

Cleanrom is based off the actual ATT build, and it has run better than anything else so far. It is very plain at R2 release... basically just ATT debloat + root. I miss all the customization, but the quality of other things is better. I can actually see butter, for the first time, on a few menus in this build. I threw Nova launcher on there, and the only real things I am missing right now, are better than the Sense status icons and hacked tethering. Dev still says he is going to release a final v6, which if as before will still be way more stock than Viper, but will have the big ticket things back (tethering).

If you are having odd issues however when running non-ATT software, give it a shot to see how it works. You cannot flash it using the latest TWRP however... need to downgrade TWRP to 2.3.x... not sure what is going on with that. I used the flashgui app to flash old version of TWRP I had in my goomanager folder.
    MangoPowah likes this.

CM 10.1 but RageXL looks tempting but I need things like expendable notifications, theme chooser, and lock screen widgets. Tried Viper XL but was disgusted by the notification shade ui and the opaque status bar in alternative launchers.

Posted via Android Central App

Ran RebelRom for awhile, Sense+AOSP-style combo was pretty cool, but a few things were broken. Now I'm on HatkaXL Sense 5 version, a few things are weird here as well. I'm about to change again soon. Might go AOSP. I gotta check out what's available and updated recently.