AT&T Preparing To Ship

NJRonbo

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Just checked my order status for the Note III on AT&T Wireless this morning.

It is showing a PREPARING TO SHIP message -- first I have seen since ordering.

Perhaps AT&T customers will get their phones on or before October 1st.

Do want to caution that looking at the bottom of the page it still shows an actual shipping date of October 1-2.

The "preparing to ship" is something to be optimistic about, however.

Josh Ellis

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Just checked my order status for the Note III on AT&T Wireless this morning.

It is showing a PREPARING TO SHIP message -- first I have seen since ordering.

Perhaps AT&T customers will get their phones on or before October 1st.

Do want to caution that looking at the bottom of the page it still shows an actual shipping date of October 1-2.

The "preparing to ship" is something to be optimistic about, however.

Mine has been saying that since the 6th when I preordered. Also it still says it's shipping 9/11 - 9/13. Past that date. Best thing to do is forget about it and it'll be there before you know it...

Arty Dodger

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, mine has said prepping to ship since I ordered. The ship date hasn't changed, either--10/1 to 10/2. Like I said in other threads, it better the first or I'm going to pitch a ***** fit. I've been without a phone for almost a week now and I'm not one bit ashamed to admit I'm going through withdrawals.

Kyle Knapp

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

benski

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand how we haven't seen any AT&T devices ship yet. According to the below link, the release date for AT&T is October 1st. Usually AT&T makes sure that pre-orders receive the device on the release date or usually the day or two before that date. If we don't see tracking numbers soon, the people who didn't pre-order will get devices before us. :(

Definitely, I also don't understand how this is so complicated. They've had months to figure this out. I'd rather have some honesty involved here; if you're going to ship slightly early just let people know. I also wish they would clear up their whole sales process regarding buying off/on contract. Apparently some sales people will have no problem selling the latest just released phone off contract, while other stores do not. It's like what is the freaking policy? That is the only reason I pre-ordered, less hassle but it might be just as much of a hassle in the end run lol.

NJRonbo

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
You all think there is any benefit to pre-ordering at this point from AT&T?

Sure. Call their sales department and find out if you would still get guaranteed delivery with all the initial preorders

hooksy7

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I just spoke to at&t customer service. My card was charged and it clearly states it will not be charged until ship date. The rep told me that it may come early and the 10/1 date is more of a guideline to let you know that is the latest it will be shipped. Not sure if she knew what she was talking about but she said they had been getting a number of calls today about it so maybe they are going to ship them early. I really hope so.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

hooksy7

May 1, 2013
Visit site
And I pre-ordered mine yesterday and card was charged today.

NJRonbo

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
My card was charged and it clearly states it will not be charged until ship date.

Okay, some potentially bad news....

AT&T does a test charge to your credit card to make certain it is valid.

In other words, I preordered 2-3 weeks ago. They made a "pending" charge to my credit card which was later removed.

It could very well just be a test charge. My card has not been charged again and I preordered before you did.

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
And I pre-ordered mine yesterday and card was charged today.

Interesting, unless this is just one of those pre-charge thing that companies sometimes do to make sure funds are there and then the charge disappears in a few days. Sounds promising though. I may try a preorder.

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
You all think there is any benefit to pre-ordering at this point from AT&T?

Depends on where you live. If you happen to be in a rural area where pretty much everyone uses iPhones (like me) then it's more than likely there will be plenty of Note 3 stock in your local AT&T. If you live somewhere where Samsung is more popular, well, you might want to pre-order to make sure you do get one on release day. In the end, it's a judgment call. I went ahead and pre-ordered regardless because I'm without a phone and want to make sure I get one ASAP.

hooksy7

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Guess we will found out soon enough. To make sure the card is valid though they would have only charged a minimal amount not the full amount plus shipping cost. We will see. My son is waiting on my s4 so I really hope they send it early.

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Depends on where you live. If you happen to be in a rural area where pretty much everyone uses iPhones (like me) then it's more than likely there will be plenty of Note 3 stock in your local AT&T. If you live somewhere where Samsung is more popular, well, you might want to pre-order to make sure you do get one on release day. In the end, it's a judgment call. I went ahead and pre-ordered regardless because I'm without a phone and want to make sure I get one ASAP.

Yeah I live in a pretty populated area with a lot of AT&T stores around me, some corporate. If I preorder and then find that the stores get them in first, is it difficult to cancel the preorder? I am buying off contract so am not worried about messing with upgrade eligibility and stuff.

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
If you're buying off-contract then I'd say it shouldn't be difficult to cancel one vs upgrading. Then again, this is my first pre-order with AT&T so take what I say in regards to that with a grain of salt :D