At&t Google Wallet Note 3

Vprice93

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I was under the impression that At&t devices weren't capable of downloading the Google Wallet app from the Play Store. Well, the other day I was able to download it on my Note 3 but when I went to search for it on my One X, it wasn't listed in the Play Store... Anyone else notice this?

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
The Wallet app was recently changed and should be available on any device running 2.1 and up I think it is now. That doesn't mean you can use it to pay for things tho. You'll just be able to use it to store loyalty cards and your offers from google etc...

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
In other words- The part of Google Wallet that most are different to.

It's a shame that Google has lost interest in NFC payments.

Posted via Android Central App

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
The unavailability of Google Wallet tap-to-pay on the N3 (except maybe if you root) is disappointing. But I've found that ISIS wallet tap-to-pay does work. The ISIS website has inconsistent information--it still says it's confined to just a couple of cities, but in fact it's available nationwide now, and it has a map to find local merchants for whom tap-to-pay works. (The major disadvantage is that ISIS has a small selection of credit cards that it works with.)

kbd517

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Google didn't stop- ATT and others are working on a competing platform called ISIS, and are thus restricting a competing product from their hardware.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Yes I'm referring to Google's lost interest as evident by the newest Nexus 7. It doesn't have the specs necessary for NFC payments were it's predecessor did.
So yes this is likely due to carrier interference, so to me Google is done fighting the fight. Isis is not an adequate replacement yet as you cannot get an applicable sim card in all but two cities, unless something has changed recently.

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Why would someone want to make payments with a tablet?

Yes I'm referring to Google's lost interest as evident by the newest Nexus 7. It doesn't have the specs necessary for NFC payments were it's predecessor did.
So yes this is likely due to carrier interference, so to me Google is done fighting the fight. Isis is not an adequate replacement yet as you cannot get an applicable sim card in all but two cities, unless something has changed recently.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
This morning I got an ISIS update on my AT&T Note 3. It now lists the app in the Play Store as nationwide. However, it doesn't recognize my secure SIM card from AT&T that worked just fine until this morning's update. I checked with my AT&T store and they assure me that I have the latest secure SIM card and can't figure out why it no longer works. Anyone else finding this issue?

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Late this afternoon I uninsulated ISIS and then downloaded and installed it again from the Play Store. Now it sees my secure SIM Card and works again.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Laptops and chainsaws are portable too, but that doesn't mean it would make sense to enable them for tap-and-pay.

Come back to this discussion when you have a valid comparison. Unless you were looking for over the top and in that case, that was pretty good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC