s note lost notes during apo switchnr

Ken Rimple

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
At first I thought it was something I did, but I lost 13 very important note pages at a school meeting this week. I was the note taker and when I stepped out of the room to make a call, then switched back to s note, all of those pages were gone.

Looks like s note loses your unsaved notes when you switch away from and then back to the app.

This is completely unacceptable. Never had this problem on the note 2. Anyone else notice this?

(sorry about the bad title, but I can't edit it)

Ken

Posted via Android Central App

Ken Rimple

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
FYI, got on the chat with a Samsung support representative, and they suggested clearing my application cache for S Note. Which I did. And the problem went away. Gah! So, my cache got screwed up? I don't know what causes this bug, but the support person claims that I can use it normally now. I'm going to be paranoid about saving the notes as I write them for fear of losing anything.

Ken

be the droid

May 12, 2010
Visit site
FYI, got on the chat with a Samsung support representative, and they suggested clearing my application cache for S Note. Which I did. And the problem went away. Gah! So, my cache got screwed up? I don't know what causes this bug, but the support person claims that I can use it normally now. I'm going to be paranoid about saving the notes as I write them for fear of losing anything.

Ken
This EXACT same thing just happened to me...and I lost several valuable pages. I'm PISSED!

Ken, can you share how you cleared your application cache? I appreciate it.

[/rant]This is a HUGE FRIKKEN problem because the whole VALUE in taking notes and capturing thoughts in an app like this is the FREEING of our mind -- based on the TRUST we have that our ideas & data is safe to find & retrieve later. If I FEAR I might lose the notes -- I might as well scrap the whole thing because it defeats the purpose WHILE introducing stress into my life. {/end rant]

The short love affair with this paper notebook relacing app might be coming to an end if we can't restore reliable FUNCTIONALITY -- and most importantly, my TRUST in it. Triple UGH! :-\

Vetdoctor

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Ditto, ditto for me and a friend who both bought Note 3's at the same time. I have not had a Note before so I thought (and continue to think) this is a design flaw. I'll clear the cache (FYI: Settings>App manager>slide the top bar until you see all apps> find Action memo tap and select "clear cache"). Reboot the phone, and will test and post what I find.. ..why do I have 3 Action memo notes?