AT&T battery life note 3

jrasero23

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Got the phone last Friday and I was getting killer battery life over the weekend getting over 4 hours of screen time and was going to bed with 50% left in the tank. Now this week it seems like the battery is getting worse and worse. I do work in a basement and get 2 bars so I am hoping that's the case but I have wife on auto brightness on NFC off bt off 4G lte on power saver on Samsung gimmicky apps like eye scroll and such off.

Do these stats seem right? Unplugged at 7:30 this morning. 79 percent now. Five and half hours of battery and 43 minutes of screen time

Does they seem low or do you think it is the mediocre cell service doing me wrong

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1382547721368.jpg
    1382547721368.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 45

jrasero23

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Also here is a screen shot of the battery usage a few minutes later 1382548192006.jpg

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Auto brightness is actually bad for battery. The sensor has to constantly sense the light in the room. To adjust if needed.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

jrasero23

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah thanks for the reply but auto brightness shouldn't be the culprit

I reset my phone to get a clean slate

Tomorrow i will see if the okay battery still occurs

Don't get me wrong i don't have a rapid drain but i am getting s4 type battery

wayne106

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I had my note 3 on the 3rd and was getting killer battery life as long as I was on wifi. On avg I was getting 8 hours of screen time and was only at 10% battery life left. I even got 10 hours screen on time before hitting 1%. But every since yesterday I've been getting horrible battery life. 3-4 hrs of screen time and I'm at 12%. I'll do a reset tonight also. PS my power saver is off and all the gimmick features are off as they always were.

KevLar72

May 20, 2013
Visit site
The horrible battery life is due to poor signal. When your phone is constantly searching for signal your battery will drain like none other!
The screen would be second on the list. If you want optimal battery life keep the brightness on the lowest setting.
There also could be an app "misbehaving". You could use an app called "Watchdog". It will tell you exactly what apps are battery hogs.

Hope this helps !

Posted via Android Central App

conanheath

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Also here is a screen shot of the battery usage a few minutes later View attachment 88503

I've never had the OS using more battery than screen. Screen is always top of my list unless indexing service is running. You probably have a rogue process or something is still enabled that is really using a lot of battery.

ATT N3

wayne106

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
The horrible battery life is due to poor signal. When your phone is constantly searching for signal your battery will drain like none other!
The screen would be second on the list. If you want optimal battery life keep the brightness on the lowest setting.
There also could be an app "misbehaving". You could use an app called "Watchdog". It will tell you exactly what apps are battery hogs.

Hope this helps !

Well I haven't changed my screen brightness setting. It was always on auto. I'm not going to any new places that would have a diff/weaker radio signal. My bars are always around 2-3. But I was getting great battery life. Last night my ohine died and I still had 4 hours to be at work. I usually have 30-45% battery left at this point. One thing I've noticed is that it doesn't matter how much or how little you use the phone; the battery will last the same amount of time. I usually get between 16-18 hours on battery before she dies. I coukd have used it heavily (8 hrs of screen time, mostly downloading apps and surfing the web) or hardly (2-3 hrs of screen time, web and email) the phone is still dead around the same time each night.

dralex87

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I've never had the OS using more battery than screen. Screen is always top of my list unless indexing service is running. You probably have a rogue process or something is still enabled that is really using a lot of battery.

ATT N3

OS just recently started using more battery than my screen the other day. Still trying to figure out why.

wayne106

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I figured it out. It was myfitnesspal wedgit that was draining my battery. Back to great battery life for me.

KevLar72

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I figured it out. It was myfitnesspal wedgit that was draining my battery. Back to great battery life for me.

Congrats !
It's always signal or an App that causes bad battery life.
Ever since Jelly Bean was released Android has had better than average battery life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nephalem42