AT&T Note 3 free tether....

Notrega

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Att note 3 free tether....

has anyone successfully been able to make their NOTE 3 a hotspot where their laptops can hook onto the hotspot?

i followed this guide, How to Wifi Tether FREE on AT&T and Verizon Galaxy Note 3! | GalaxyNote3Root.com, but dont seem to be getting anywhere...

the phone keeps saying "To enable mobile hotspot on this device, go to att.com/mywireless or dial 611"...

any thoughts?

This used to work and now with the latest update from VZW it no longer works

Scribbled with my S-Pen

Guru

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

I have Foxfi and works perfectly on my stock AT & T Note 3. So much easier than rooting and everything else I would have had to do on an HTC one. I love HTC phones but Samsung is growing on me fast. I have paid version of Foxfi btw

pdqgp

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Solution for AT&T

Maybe this works with Vrz version but doesn't work with AT&T Any solution for AT&T?
Thanks

I use Hotspot Toggle--the full app, not the widget.

• Click on the app. It will come up with the message that it's "verifying" and then it will tell you[';./ to call AT&T or dial 611, blah, blah....pay it no mind.
  • Just click the home button and you'll notice the icon in the notification bar is still there...because the hot spot is still active
  • Then just go to the menu button>settings>Tethering and portable hot spot - click on it.

2013-12-19-00-00-04_zps3c7aac6a.png

• Click on Mobile Hotspot, not the ON button but the wording
  • Then follow the onscreen instructions and enter the password it provides on the device you wish to tether to your phone. See below

2013-12-19-00-00-26_zps14b5e3c8.png

• I connected my iPhone 4s that has no dataplan and is being used by my kids as an iPod Touch. Viola! Works great.

2013-12-18-23-57-02_zps4e8d4f41.png

grafcable

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

I installed HotSpot Toggle but can't even find the icon of application. System saying it's installed but don't have it in apps.

pdqgp

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site

I installed HotSpot Toggle but can't even find the icon of application. System saying it's installed but don't have it in apps.

Go to the applications and create the shortcut.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

Sonnydigs

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site

WOWZERS!!!!!!!!!
Worked like a charm....
I'm AT&T grandfathered in on unlimited data.. (So they call it) I received a notice the other day that I was about to exceed my 5 gig limit and my service would slow down when I hit that 5 gig mark..
First time I have ever seen the notice and didn't realize they choked it down if I hit that 5 gigs of data. That sucks..
Tried this FoxFi once before but guess I didn't follow the instructions..
So will there be warnings from AT&T for using it??
Thanks for great the great tip and instructions..
Sonny

grafcable

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

WOWZERS!!!!!!!!!
Worked like a charm....
I'm AT&T grandfathered in on unlimited data.. (So they call it) I received a notice the other day that I was about to exceed my 5 gig limit and my service would slow down when I hit that 5 gig mark..
First time I have ever seen the notice and didn't realize they choked it down if I hit that 5 gigs of data. That sucks..
Tried this FoxFi once before but guess I didn't follow the instructions..
So will there be warnings from AT&T for using it??
Thanks for great the great tip and instructions..
Sonny
Probably you're the only one who get it to work on AT&T

Sonnydigs

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site

Yes I am running 4.3....
I have tried it several times with an inactive iPhone I have and it works fine..
Had a little trouble making the iPhone find it because it was set to automatically connect to my home WI-FI..
Once I was able to scan for available networks it was there..
Good luck,
Sonny

disneymagik

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

I've used Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot by Core Technologies with both my Galaxy S3 and now with my Note 3. I can tether all 3 of my kid's Tab 2's and still use my phone. I use the free version. It's the same (or better according to some) as the pd 99? version. With my note upgrade I thought I lost it briefly as I did get a message similar to a previous poster that said I don't have the feature & to contact AT&T, dial 611, yada yada. BUT, like the poster above said, ignore it & just hit the home button and you're good to go! Yay! I don't know if it matters, but I check my data usage when I use it and it hardly moves. And they can all be streaming. I do have a grandfathered in unlimited plan with AT&T as well.

Sent from my FABULOUS Note 3!

AgentScribe

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Maybe this works with Vrz version but doesn't work with AT&T Any solution for AT&T?
Thanks

It's working for me. Just tried it. I'll try it out in the field tomorrow or this weekend and let you know. I'm on AT&T. Grandfathered Unlimited.

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

How can I create shortcut if application doesn't exist on apps. I can see it in application manager but only option I have it delete application

Mine is just a widget not an app. Just the hotspot toggle widget from play store. I have att grandfathered unlimited with no problems tethering. Well small problem. Seems I have to toggle twice. First time the toggle will not activate most of the time. Some times it does and gives me the warning screen and when I hit the home button the toggle turns off. So I hit the toggle again and get the warning again and click the home button and it stays on. That is the only issue I have and its not really an issue.

Here is the one I use.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tin.togglewidget.hotspot&hl=en&token=1To3MGX-

I may try another one to see if it doesnt have the double activation quirk.