AT&T Note 3 free tether....

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Att note 3 free tether....

I have indeed. Are you an AT&T or Verizon customer. I thought tethering was just included in the data package.

Tether.png

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

Indeed I have also. Though I had to download the actual Hotspot Toggle app not the widget. And I have to reboot the phone to turn the WiFi back on after closing the Hotspot.

2013-10-27 15.40.48.jpg

View attachment 89019

Attachments

• 2013-10-27 15.41.46.jpg
    2013-10-27 15.41.46.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 216

pappyfire

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

I think it depends on your data plan. I have the Mobile Share plan and it's included. I use my phone to tether my laptop all the time without issue.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

I think it depends on your data plan. I have the Mobile Share plan and it's included. I use my phone to tether my laptop all the time without issue.

You may be correct. I am on the older type plan not mobile share.

waklee1

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site

I Tether MY Laptop TO MY Note} almost Every day. No Issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

bigjim71

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

Tethering is locked for grandfathered unlimited data accounts.

Tethering is not locked for grandfathered unlimited. I am grandfathered and was able to thether like it says in the video just ignore that message about having to call. Just hit the home button after wifi becomes active through the app
Posted via Android Central App

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

So using this hotspot app you just turn it on and all is good? I thought I read that there is carrier software that tracks tethering and reports it to the carrier.

junprostar

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site

Tethering uses 4G LTE and makes your phone get hot easily. Just watch your phone getting hot, it may cause screen crack, and samsung will tell you that you drop your phone and charge you for repair.

XiphoneUzer

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

Tethering uses 4G LTE and makes your phone get hot easily. Just watch your phone getting hot, it may cause screen crack, and samsung will tell you that you drop your phone and charge you for repair.

So you're still going around thread to thread telling folks that their batteries get too hot and crack the tempered glass screen.
C'mon dude, stop already!
facepalm_gif_by_thatweirdo7.jpg

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If your phone ever got that hot it's a manufacturer defect phone and you need to have to exchanged. I tether LTE all the time.. While using my phone. I have friends at work tethered (2-3 people.. Sometimes 4) and I'm using mine.. It gets warm sure but not enough to crack the screen.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary