My screen doesn't recognize my hand...only my s pen.

themrhays

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Earlier today, when I pulled out my GN3, I couldn't manipulate the screen with my fingers, unlock ... anything. However the s pen works fine. I called Samsung tech and they had me hard factory restart, start in safe mode, as well as toggle some settings to no avail. I called ATT and they went through the exact same things with me. My question is has anyone else experienced this? I have not dropped my phone nor has it been exposed it to liquids or humid environments, so I have no clue why my pen would work, and my fingers wouldn't. Please help if you can.

Last edited:

Ramsport03

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
There's a setting In the s-pen section for the screen only recognizing the pen or both your finger and s-pen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

rjm_robin

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I have had both the Note II and Note 4. That's odd. Must be a Note 3 hardware bug. Nothing like that ever happened. Knock on wood.

I have BOTH extended warranties on my Note 4. Just in case. (I sure hope they won't give you a refurbished one, because there's no guarantee that it will be "new." Even with my two warranties for two years, no assurance of a new handset.)

rjm

Sent via my most phabulous phablet, the Galaxy Note 4

Saudi Gent

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I had this problem last night. Note 3 screen touch does not recognize fingers, only workd with the pen. I came here looking for a solution but didn't so I decided to buy a Note 4.

Now, I found a solution you may wanna try. What I did was that I switched the device off, went to sleep, switched it back on this morning and now i am using my fingers writing these lines! :)

Wish you luck.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The solution is to get the touchscreen/digitizer replaced. The S Pen works a different way, so that can still work even when the screen isn't registering touches by your finger.

Duck who Said

Jun 10, 2020
Visit site
Earlier today, when I pulled out my GN3, I couldn't manipulate the screen with my fingers, unlock ... anything. However the s pen works fine. I called Samsung tech and they had me hard factory restart, start in safe mode, as well as toggle some settings to no avail. I called ATT and they went through the exact same things with me. My question is has anyone else experienced this? I have not dropped my phone nor has it been exposed it to liquids or humid environments, so I have no clue why my pen would work, and my fingers wouldn't. Please help if you can.

I used the pen to RESTART and now it works fine!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams