Note 3: Camera Focusing question..why does it take blurry shots on auto focus?

pkguy323

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I have the ATT Galaxy Note 3. I've noticed that my pics are a mix of focused and blurry even when I get the green square.

Yesterday, I went to take a picture and it focused very clearly and offered up the green square. When I tapped the screen while holding it very still to take the picture, it went to focus again and snapped the pic at one of the worst blurry moments instead of waiting another second to get clear again.

It does this on AUTO setting and HDR setting and whether stabilization is on or offer..doesn't matter. It still happens.

A second question, why would the auto-focus leave me with a red square instead of a green one?

Last edited by a moderator:

typhonx

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Camera Focusing question..why does it take blurry shots on auto focus?

i find my AT&T note 3 to be very poor in low light and lots of light... if the update doesnt fix the long processing on the camera i might just get something else.

scottwood2

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

This was talked about in one of the video reviews of the note 3. Hope a fix is coming. I would think it would.

typhonx

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

i was hoping the MOTO x Camera app would work on here, but it doesn't.

Blake Bond

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site

ya i used to have the original galaxy note and when i hit the autofocus, almost none of my photos were blurry at all. I was hoping it would be the same with the note 3 considering the better camera

timetopaythefiddler

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site

Pictures outside seem much better than indoor pictures. Very disappointing. Just my opinion. :)

glasshatphotography

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, its much better - outside. In fact, i like the note 3 as as pure out door cam... indoors - it sucks.

pkguy323

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I found the stock Nexus 5 camera app and it works great on the Note 3. Tried the updated Google Camera... Not a fan. So far the N5 camera takes the best pics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Madonna Warwick

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I use the camera a lot on my Note 3 for work and have found I have to put on sports mode to decrease the blurry outcomes. Auto focus is not dependable and can take forever to focus. I also downloaded some camera apps that work well.

Posted via Android Central App

slinky

May 8, 2013
Visit site
For me the annoyances with this phone is that many things seem to be slow when they shouldn't be. This includes the phone app, which seems to stay on the "end call" screen for a full 2-3 seconds and then switch. I don't know if it is touchwiz. It may relate tot he camera issues which everyone here is saying. I noticed that after I hit the picture button and hear the click, the camera will still blur if you move it. That doesn't make sense unless this same lag is present everywhere.

suiken01

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
nice with open camera you can have flash on/off/auto while in sport mode, default camera you can't have flash when sport mode is picked.

I am trying sport mode with auto flash in opencamera, maybe the best picture possible, I mean no blurry picture. I found in auto mode there are still 1,2 blurry pics every 6,7 or so.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad