AT&T update on Galaxy Note 3

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone received an update for the Galaxy Note 3 for AT&T?

I'm currently rooted using the Root De La Vega method and I'm not accustomed to how Android handles software updates, I was wondering will it affect the root that I have?

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
If it let's you do the update, I think it will remove root. You should install the app rootkeeper if you want to keep root.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
If it let's you do the update, I think it will remove root. You should install the app rootkeeper if you want to keep root.

Thanks, but when I looked into that.. It mentions that it won't work for 4.3 devices. I read of some forums that eventually the update will apply without authorization.

Nicolas Perez

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I got the update, i really haven't seen any differences. I heard the keyboard changed but use swift-key so I haven't personally seen it.

Anybody knows what the update did?

crxx

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that you tube doesn't work over wifi..... it keeps saying "connection to server lost"

Da NOTE 3!

jmason900

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I applied the update. There was an intermittent software defect that "appears" to be fixed at this point. For some users with older micro sd cards, the index service would intermittently fail and pop up a dialog freezing the UI temporarily with the message: Unfortunately index service stopped. Samsung's Note 3 build of 4.3 was popping up the dialog incorrectly. After several h ours of testing the update, I'm not seeing that error now. I also noticed problems running the Google Drive client that also appear resolved ( again the index service may have been the issue there ?). So far, good news for this update. ATT and Samsung need to do a MUCH better job of tracking issues, defects, fixes and service packs so users can know where their specific issues are and what their options are to resolve those. I had reported the index issue to both ATT and Samsung multiple times over the last month without any meaningful feedback.

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Update compete....haven't notice anything much different except the keyboard color.

Attachments

• 2013-11-12-22-35-50.jpg
    2013-11-12-22-35-50.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 142

aditya garg

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
This new update for keyboard is really frustrating. Can anybody tell me how can i get back the old Samsung Note 3 keyboard. The new update doesn't even use the full space.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I was able to keep root after the update by using the instructions found here. Worked pretty easily actually.

I tried that... But my update failed at 25%. Did it twice and failed both times, but I checked again to update the Software... AT&T notified me that I was update. Have to wait 23 hours or so to update..

I'm still running the same baseband.

Sprinks

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to Android (Note 3 is my first Android device coming from iPhone)... I rooted and had no idea that updates will go through automatically after time. Also didn't know about freezing through TiBa until just today either. So overnight my phone updated and I've lost root. What's the best way to go about trying to get root back? Am I able to just do a full factory reset in settings then maybe re-root? I'm new at this again so I don't really wanna do anything that will brick the phone or anything like that.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to Android (Note 3 is my first Android device coming from iPhone)... I rooted and had no idea that updates will go through automatically after time. Also didn't know about freezing through TiBa until just today either. So overnight my phone updated and I've lost root. What's the best way to go about trying to get root back? Am I able to just do a full factory reset in settings then maybe re-root? I'm new at this again so I don't really wanna do anything that will brick the phone or anything like that.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

I read about Kingo can help with rooting the new update, I'm still rooted with RDLV, I'm unable to update to the new software for some reason..

Benz Tronz

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
If your update went through then your good. Your root process did not affect the original OTA settings to AT&T's server. At this time I'm still gathering info on what the update pertained to but I think the update is related to some pre-requisite perhaps needed to update to Kit Kat anyday soon. Just hopeful thinking !

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon