Note 3 Stores Pictures in Triplicate on Laptop.

Paul Bruce

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

My Note 3 stores three sets of images (small, medium and large) to my laptop.
Just one set of images is all I need, Any ideas on how to stop the triple storage would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
anybody anytime now please i expect my note 3 to be here on monday and i would not want this happening if anyone has a note 3 on the forum please help thanks

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
anybody anytime now please i expect my note 3 to be here on monday and i would not want this happening if anyone has a note 3 on the forum please help thanks

Not really sure how to answer without having more info to work with. I have never had this issue and have not heard of anyone else experiencing this either. I don't usually connect my phone to my computer, I store all my images, videos, music and other files on the sd card. If I have a need to move files in large numbers, I take out the sd card and put it in my computer for transfers. Any images or videos I capture with the phone auto back up to Dropbox and I pull them down to my computer from there. Some more information from the OP would be helpful and maybe someone can offer some advise.

Paul Bruce

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Nokia4life & MHunter6378, thanks very much for responding to my thread.

I had an S2 for a couple of years (super phone) and never had any issues with photo's. The "Triplicate" problem started when I got the Note 3.
I'm not sure of the relevance, but (only on some of the pictures, not all of them) I do get the message "Windows Photo Viewer can't open this picture because either Photo Viewer doesn't support this file format, or you don't have the latest updates to Photo Viewer".

I'm baffled by this. Maybe the Note 3 has different settings to the S2.

The only other thing that spring to mind is that when I turned on the Note 3 for the first time, I was bombarded with message from Samsung and others about using their photo-storage.
I think I clicked on "Yes" to pretty much everything when setting up the handset.

Thanks again for the replies so far.

Paul.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Images captured by the Note 3 are standard JPEG format and should not be any issue for Windows photo viewer. How are you pulling the photos? Are you connecting directly to your computer via USB? Are you using any software such as Samsung Kies or just using a direct import of files through Windows Explorer?

Paul Bruce

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Images captured by the Note 3 are standard JPEG format and should not be any issue for Windows photo viewer. How are you pulling the photos? Are you connecting directly to your computer via USB? Are you using any software such as Samsung Kies or just using a direct import of files through Windows Explorer?

Just connecting via usb using windows picture viewer. I'm not aware of using KIES, I tried that with the S2 and it was buggy so I didn't persevere with it.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Try just opening a windows explorer window and navigate to the folders in the phone directory rather than using an import process through windows. If your storing images to the internal memory the images will be in the DCIM folder. If your storing to an sd card look for a pictures folder. Going straight into the file directory you can just copy and paste or drag and drop from phone to computer and vice a versa. The error that you are receiving could be an issue with the import process on your computer. To verify that it is not a problem with your phone, go to the apps drawer on the phone, open the My Files app, select the "all files" tab and navigate to the storage location of your images. You should be able to see the files and verify what you have on the phone. And I agree with you about Samsing Kies, I'm not a fan of the program either.