Sold my iPhone and upgraded to Note 3

Dharma Jairam

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I just moved from an iphone 5 to the note. Takes a little getting used to. I was having a major issue getting texts from people. From what I read online this is an apple issue. I just switched my number as a quick fix. Hopefully its goodbye apple for me.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just moved from an iphone 5 to the note. Takes a little getting used to. I was having a major issue getting texts from people. From what I read online this is an apple issue. I just switched my number as a quick fix. Hopefully its goodbye apple for me.

Welcome to the forums and Android.

redhat1001

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
That's quite an increase in size. Hope you enjoy it. Most of your friend probably had iPhones, si they were still trying to send to your iPhone as an imesssage. They would need to turn imesssge off or you could do what you did and change your number forcing their iPhone to send you a regular text. Enjoy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I've bounced back and forth from iPhones to android several times. Most of the time turning off iMessage before the switch works, but on occasion it doesn't. When it doesn't it can be a real pain to get iMessage to let go of your number so you can get texts from your contacts that use iMessage.

Anyway, congratulations on your new phone!

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I found that when I don't receive a text from someone with an iPhone it's because they had the sms option turned off. I forgot to turn of imessage before I got rid of mine and I was getting some messages from iphone friends but none from others. On all the others they had to turn on the sms option as well as imessage and it worked. For some reason especially with ios7 the sms option is turned off by default. Try that.

Rockin my Note 3

uglyhead

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Also if you're coming from an all-iphone family you may have to turn ON sms. Sounds strange but that's what we had to do because we didn't need it with italk

emilysmom03

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue when I switched from the iPhone 5 to note 3. Turned off imessage etc nothing worked. Called Apple and was told that I would have to wait 45 days for my number to "fall out of the imessage system" not sure if this was true or not, but I wasn't going to take the chance. Changed my phone number and the problem was solved.

Posted with my blazing Galaxy Note 3

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the Android family. Hope you stick around and participate in the forums and don't forget about the stores. ;)

Sent from my gameboy color

OTACORB

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
The other thing you can do if you have an iPhone and iMessage setup you can change your password this forces the iMessage system to you look for new password. If it doesn't get the password you just start sending and receiving SMS messages instead of iMessages. I have also recommended that all my family and friends turn iMessage off. Most of them do not even realize that it's different from standard SMS messages. Loving the note 3 don't plan on ever going back to an iPhone. By the way for the Apple system to clear out your phone number you not only have to turn off iMessage is you have to turn off FaceTime

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk HD

BrownSanta

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

Same here definitely different experience from ios

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad