Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DayThyme
  • 1 Post By barskin
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Earbuds that will work as a volume controller and mic that are compatible with the Note 3?

My Note 3 did not come with the earbuds that Samsung usually includes with their new Galaxy phones. Can someone tell me good, high quality, noise canceling earbuds that have a mic, and a volume rocker that are compatible with the Note 3?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Earbuds that will work as a volume controller and mic that are compatible with the Note 3?

hum mm, Another iPhone convert like me I bet. I have looked for the same thing as you with no luck. I've got BOSE, Klipsch, Apple, and another brand? NONE do what you (we) want. The Klipsch folks say they should have volume control with the app, but on the Note 3 holding down button only brings up S voice ( I think) or some other app. Maybe someone else can prove me wrong, but that is my experience. I have an LG HBS 700 Bluetooth head set I use when riding my HD MC and it works great. Volume, pause, calls, fwd-rev. features all work like they did with my iPhone. Sorry I don't have better news but I Bluetooth is the best answer.

Good luck.

Default Re: Earbuds that will work as a volume controller and mic that are compatible with the Note 3?

Yea. Would have to second this. I have the LG Tone+ hbs 730 bluetooth headset. I am no audiophile but they sound good to me. And all the controls appear to work as implied. Only complait is that some have commented on background noise.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3
    Craig
    Phone :: BB880>>BB9000>>Captivate>>Galaxy Note1>>Galaxy Note 3
    Tablet :: B&N Nook >> Xoom >> Nexus 10
    Game/Mini-PC :: Zealz G802 >> Ouya

All bluetooth ones will work but as for wired ones I would imagine that the galaxy ones would be a better bet for you.

Sent from my gameboy color

Get the monster windows earbuds they work and Jays of Sweden 5 the android version

My friend got a set included with his Verizon N3 and they don't control the volume, go figure?

The ones that came with my S3 work great on the Note 3. Volume up and down work as well as pause and play. You can buy the HS330 headset from Samsung for $29.99.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by kentuc794 View Post
    The ones that came with my S3 work great on the Note 3. Volume up and down work as well as pause and play. You can buy the HS330 headset from Samsung for $29.99.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    I agree, except, go to eBay, and buy them there for about $5 a pop. I have bought several, and they work great. Make the search "OEM Samsung Galaxy Note 3 headset."

Or just "OEM Samsung Galaxy headset"
    Card Carrying Device Junkie

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by kway_NY View Post
    My friend got a set included with his Verizon N3 and they don't control the volume, go figure?
    the verizon GNote 3 did not ship with headphones.

Yeah you must be right, my friend must have put his in the box to fool me because I'm with ATT. He got his at Best Buy on the first day Verizon released them and that must make me wrong. But hey, I don't know everything like others do.

ROM
    Stock/Stock Rooted

So I've been doing a ton of research on this over the last couple of weeks since I got my Note 3. I've been wanting a nice pair of on-ear cans (I hate earbuds) that had included in-line controls for volume and track skip/pause/answer calls, stuff like that.

And I came up empty. Nothing. There is literally no third party on-ear headphones with a remote that works with Android phones. Everything is made to work natively with iOS devices. I DO have a pair of Klipsch S4A earbuds that were designed for Android, but like I said, I hate earbuds, they are uncomfortable, I cannot get a good seal on them and they sound like garbage. I ultimately decided that I wasn't going to find wired, portable, on-ear cans with an Android-compatible inline remote. So I ignored that feature set and focused more on audio quality for the price point I was looking at ($199 or below).

So I settled on a pair of Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear (they have a larger, Over-The-Ear model for $100 more, but I picked up the smaller On-Ear model). It comes with a three-button inline remote with mic that I wasn't expecting I was going to use, because they do include a straight cable sans remote as well. Plugged it in with the in-line remote cable and it sounded fantastic and was very comfortable. So the deal is, I'm actually getting *partial* functionality with the remote. The two volume buttons do not work, but the middle "multi-purpose" button does, without any extra software too. A single press will pause/play. A double tap will skip to the next track. Holding the button for 2 seconds opens up S-Voice. And the mic on the remote also works flawlessly. When a call comes in, pressing the button will answer the call, and holding it in will reject it.

I think this functionality is the most anyone is going to get out of a third-party set of wired cans. Even the S4A's don't have volume up/down, instead relegating that function to the same single-button setup. It's not perfect, but it's functional.

Quote Originally Posted by kway_NY View Post
    Yeah you must be right, my friend must have put his in the box to fool me because I'm with ATT. He got his at Best Buy on the first day Verizon released them and that must make me wrong. But hey, I don't know everything like others do.
    I don't know what shipped on release date, but what ships now does not come with headphones.
    vegastriguy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MMcCraryNJ View Post
    So I've been doing a ton of research on this over the last couple of weeks since I got my Note 3. I've been wanting a nice pair of on-ear cans (I hate earbuds) that had included in-line controls for volume and track skip/pause/answer calls, stuff like that.
    what about these?

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Let me repeat my above post. Pleeyuz, people. There is no problem Just use the same headset that comes with the Note 2 or S4. You can get them from US sellers on eBay.

Or

I mean, sheesh! All the buttons function (volume up, down, pause, double push the pause button to skip to the next song, etc.) right out of the box, no special apps needed.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock
    Thanked by:
    nettech207 likes this.

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

I use JayBird products. I've never had an issue with any of them. I have the bluebuds x, and I bought comply memory foam tips. They sound awesome for bluetooth. They are guaranteed for life against sweat, and the microphone and volume controls work great with my n3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by mmohn01; 02-21-2014 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by barskin View Post
    Let me repeat my above post. Pleeyuz, people. There is no problem Just use the same headset that comes with the Note 2 or S4. You can get them from US sellers on eBay.

Or

I mean, sheesh! All the buttons function (volume up, down, pause, double push the pause button to skip to the next song, etc.) right out of the box, no special apps needed.
    The stock ones only work with the stock player?

I don't use the stock player and I can get the volume rocker to work and sometimes the pause button. The skipping tracks function doesn't work though.

Posted from my galaxy note 3
    Posted from my iPad mini.

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
    The stock ones only work with the stock player?

I don't use the stock player and I can get the volume rocker to work and sometimes the pause button. The skipping tracks function doesn't work though.

Posted from my galaxy note 3
    I didn't say the stock ones work only with the stock player. I use them with Google Play Music and the Samsung player. The pause and skipping tracks functions work.

JBL makes over and in-ear Android compatible headphones.

Posted via Android Central App

I too am looking for a set of decent android earbuds, that have volume and track controls. I hate the stock samsung ones.