AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Anyone having issues with Navigon on their Note3?

Reggie

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I have nav in all my cars and don't really use it on my phone locally here in Colorado. I was in Austin the other week and used it for the first time. It kept freezing after a few minutes and lost gps. I resorted to Google maps which worked great;. When I got home here in Colorado I deleted it rebooted the phone and reinstalled it. I tried it out driving to the airport on Saturday and when I got on E470 I noticed the phone was locked up on I25 still.

nettech207

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I have had issue with gps wouldn't;t lock on the signal both in google maps and waze. Since it's new and under warranty I called AT&T and they sent another one out and should be here this week hopefully it fixes gps issue

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I don't use the gps often but when I do I haven't had an issue yet. Although all I do use is Google maps. Maybe the note is so new the apps aren't made to work properly yet.

Sent from my gameboy color

Reggie

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't use the gps often but when I do I haven't had an issue yet. Although all I do use is Google maps. Maybe the note is so new the apps aren't made to work properly yet.

Sent from my gameboy color

I am the same boat - I don't use it much either - but when Navigon failed I went to google maps and it worked. I suspect (and hope) it is just a firmware issue with Navigon that will get fixed.

Vetdoctor

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I use Google maps and Google navigation a lot. I have found it to be frustrating and undependable on the note 3. My last phone was HTC vivid and it worked fine in the same area.

Mickeywdw1254

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just got a replacement for my note 3 and the gps has improved 100% haven't lost signal using nav yet

I have noticed the same issue when I use waze. The gps signal will be fine one moment and on the fritz the next. Did they give you any hassle when you mentioned it to them and got a new one? Was it replaced under manufacturer warranty?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

nettech207

May 23, 2012
Visit site
no issues from att and yes it was replaced under manfacturer warranty. I told them I was having gps issue and they asked do i want one out next day for Additional $14 in next day air shipping or select 3 day for free choose free , anyways no problem with gps since switching

Mickey Goodman

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I have purchased a note 3 from the Best Buy right when they came out specifically to use the GPS on the large screen which would be easier for me to see. I had GPS lost signal issues within the first 2 weeks. Best Buy replace the phone and within the next two weeks I continued having GPS lost signal from the second phone.

I've done to factory reset and nothing seems to solve the problem. I purchased the Geek Squad warranty but what I bring the phone into Best Buy the GPS seems to work fine. This is an intermittent problem and I am told by the Geek Squad there's nothing they can do since they can reproduce the problem.

I am very frustrated and don't know where to turn any help from anyone out there would be greatly appreciated.

Posted via Android Central App

nettech207

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I have purchased a note 3 from the Best Buy right when they came out specifically to use the GPS on the large screen which would be easier for me to see. I had GPS lost signal issues within the first 2 weeks. Best Buy replace the phone and within the next two weeks I continued having GPS lost signal from the second phone.

I've done to factory reset and nothing seems to solve the problem. I purchased the Geek Squad warranty but what I bring the phone into Best Buy the GPS seems to work fine. This is an intermittent problem and I am told by the Geek Squad there's nothing they can do since they can reproduce the problem.

I am very frustrated and don't know where to turn any help from anyone out there would be greatly appreciated.

No offensive I wouldn't trust the geek squad if my life depended on it. They are limited in what they can do and what they really know . I would call samsung since it is under warranty threw them. Like I mention since I got my replacement I haven't had any issues with gps and I use it on a daily basis

Vetdoctor

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have started using GPS to go everywhere to test the connection. I find I loose GPS almost once every trip with the signal lost for 60 seconds to minutes. Even the 60 second loss is a problem if I have an upcoming turn. I'm going to try Samsung in the next few days when I get time. This isn't right.

Sanju Khatri

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar problem. GPS signsl keeps getting lost and it's been a real problem. Samsung needs to resolve this issue.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a similar problem. GPS signsl keeps getting lost and it's been a real problem. Samsung needs to resolve this issue.

Must be the AT&T version. I drove from Florida to New Jersey and kept GPS on the whole time.. Never lost me.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
No offensive I wouldn't trust the geek squad if my life depended on it. They are limited in what they can do and what they really know . I would call samsung since it is under warranty threw them. Like I mention since I got my replacement I haven't had any issues with gps and I use it on a daily basis

Sorry that I can't agree with your assessment of Geek Squad. I have always had good luck with them and they have typically gone out of their way to make things right.

I hope your issue with gps gets resolved. I haven't had any issues with mine and I travel almost weekly.

B0omSLanG

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I've also been having issues with "GPS signal lost" message from the beginning. I only use Google Maps and it's usually in areas I would never expect which have good 4G LTE connectivity. The case is not the issue and it's usually near the door or on a mount. It's caused some serious issues for my wife and I when driving. Sometimes it will say it and return within 30 seconds, sometimes it will repeat "signal lost" 7 or 8 times and never connect, or sometimes it will say nothing and never reconnect. Even when I back out, clear the app, and hit resume or restart it will sometimes immediately say "GPS signal lost". It's complete ****, especially since my wife's S4 is absolutely rock solid.

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

what i would do is having someone sitting in the back of the car with a video recorder (phone or cam) and go driving till the gps is lost then show geek squad the video

pchegoor

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Did anyone Contact SAMSUNG about the GPS Signal Lost Issue. I am thinking this is a Hardware Issue and Not a Software Issue.:(

Last edited:

rwdrive

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I had the same gps signal loss problem on my note 3 on Verizon. Happened regularly, along with other problems in Google maps, like stopping at a red light and the map think I'm going the other direction or float me to the intersecting road. I got a replacement phone after many attempts by Verizon to reset the device. The new phone is much better, but still not completely right. Once in a while, less frequently , same problems.

onlyoneromeo

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
My gps freezes on me a lot and starts sending my location back and forth across the map. I had to go and uninstall the updates and use the older version for it to work.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Ok so I think I may have figured out when it happens. It seems to happen when the phone switches from LTE to 4G and vice versa. Seems like the phone doesn't know how to adjust properly and keep a gps signal. Anyone else have the same issue and or conclusion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk