Unlocking My New N3 and Other 1st Steps

XiphoneUzer

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, just got my N3 last night and I am pretty excited about it.
I am a long time Mac Rumors member and my past phones have been ...... JB 3g, JB 3gs, JB 4, JB 4s
I am very upset with the tiny screens on my iphones and I refuse to wait another year for the 6 to come out.
So now I am a 1st time Android user and what to really check out the Android scene.

1) - With resale in mind, I would want to unlock this phone. (I think I read I have to do it BEFORE I activate w/ATT?) Opinions/Advice here please.

2) - Anything else I should do BEFORE I activate it?

3) - What about a screen protector? Got an active thread here somewhere? Looking for opinions/experience with tempered glass.

I looked at the "Getting Started" page, but it does not seem very up-to-date and the content constantly refers to GS2, (which is old news)
Anything you folks could recommend to make my switch from ios to droid easier would be appreciated.

Lastly - Happy Thanksgiving to all the folks on this site and their families.
thanksgiving-2.gif

FLRubi

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Subscribing because I just upgraded from a SGlll and want to see what everyone recommends. I've already switched my launcher to Aviate. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

FLRubi

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
You definitely want to give Drippler a try. It will give you tips and hints about your N3 as well as suggesting the newest apps to try on your N3.

FLRubi

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm contemplating the tempered glass too but am undecided since we supposedly have gorilla glass. I have ordered the Spigen Neo Hybrid case in yellow just to give it a little extra protection.

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
In response to the Screen Protection, I highly recommend "Just Like Glass" from DBAcases.com. I had one on my Note II and it saved me many times. I have one on my Note 3 but I just ordered their new Just Like Glass "Nano" and cannot wait to get it! Check it out here. They have it for other models too.

Make sure you watch this YouTube video too.

VERY interesting and if the "Nano" is even better than the original Just Like Glass then I am going to be extremely happy!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2