Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By clayrussell
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Backup and restore...what am I missing?

Coming from the iPhone and iCloud, I was used to being able to backing up and restoring the device to a new device and everything coming over with it. Everything including contacts, texts, and all data. I've been sent a replacement Note 3 from AT&T and before I activate it I want to make sure my current device is 100% backed up. I've done some searching and cannot find definitive answers. What is the equivalent way of doing this up to the cloud over wifi? I see the device has a "backup and restore" section but I do not see any history of backups.

Seems to me this is an important enough topic that there should be a pinned "how to" or FAQ about it.

Default Re: Backup and restore...what am I missing?

I am in the same boat as you are. I downloaded Go Backup. It seems to be able to do what you are looking for. I have tested for backup but have not yet restored. Here is the link: Please let me know how it works for you if you decide to go this route.

Clay Russell
    OzarkArkie likes this.

I keep trying Kies but it seems so unreliable on my Mac. Sometimes it backs up....sometimes it just hangs there...and locks up at different points of backing up

I just looked at Gobackup

to get full use of the app you need to unroot.

Backups are one of the things Apple has done well. Android IMHO no so well. After having to do a hard reset on my new N3 due to being stuck in a reboot cycle, I expected Google to restore my apps and data. 24 hours later I manually installed 176 apps and tried to recreate as much data as I could but many things are just GONE forever. I maybe wrong, but I now have all the folders on my card and on my phone, copied to my hard drive and will post on my Box cloud tomorrow. All my contacts and calendar items( not tasks) were restored automatically. Thankfully I still have my old iPhone with most of my important data on it to export into useable files. Still it was a PITA and hopefully by backing up the all the folders on the phone I will be ready for the next time. YES I am betting there will be one. Can anyone tell me if this is enough for my backups?

Thanks in advance.