Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By dragonsamus
  • 1 Post By mchoudhry2k
  • 2 Post By mchoudhry2k
  • 1 Post By mchoudhry2k
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Counterfeit Samsung Galaxy Note 3 devices on Craigslist in US market

To buyer warning :
    There are counterfeit Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on craigslist in US market :
    Keep in your mind ,before you pay for it :
    1. Make sure the phone have a samsung logo name on front and back also S pen.
    2. Make sure the screen is 5.7 " inch.** counterfeit only 5.4"- 5.5" inch**
    3. Make sure phone with 4G sign symbol on top of screen and able to run 4G with LTE ( you better have 4G sim card with you to test the phone)
    4. Don't believe it,even phone software show up is Note 3.
    5. Note 3 and Note 2 Power connector are same . (counterfeit one may use different Power connector).
    6. The accessories may be genuine but PHONE. (be careful)

Asking seller is the phone match above requires before to meet seller .
    from my experience , seller may tell you phone too big to handle it or friend give to him for a owe,

Global Posts
    22,154 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: There are counterfeit Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on craigslist in US market :

Thanks for the warning. Hopefully this helps some people.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

ROM
    OEM

Default Re: There are counterfeit Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on craigslist in US market :

Quote Originally Posted by bigo Sibti View Post
    To buyer warning :
    There are counterfeit Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on craigslist in US market :
    Keep in your mind ,before you pay for it :
    1. Make sure the phone have a samsung logo name on front and back also S pen.
    2. Make sure the screen is 5.7 " inch.** counterfeit only 5.4"- 5.5" inch**
    3. Make sure phone with 4G sign symbol on top of screen and able to run 4G with LTE ( you better have 4G sim card with you to test the phone)
    4. Don't believe it,even phone software show up is Note 3.
    5. Note 3 and Note 2 Power connector are same . (counterfeit one may use different Power connector).
    6. The accessories may be genuine but PHONE. (be careful)

Asking seller is the phone match above requires before to meet seller .
    from my experience , seller may tell you phone too big to handle it or friend give to him for a owe,
    #5. Note 3 is the first phone with USB 3.0 data/charging port. Note 2 has a standard micro USB data/charging port.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:

Kinda strange that this person took the time to "register" to this site, just to warn us?!?!

Anyone else find that odd?

Quote Originally Posted by XiphoneUzer View Post
    Kinda strange that this person took the time to "register" to this site, just to warn us?!?!

?

Note 3 <Caesars>

Quote Originally Posted by XiphoneUzer View Post

No.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

I just purchased a fake on Craigslist yesterday. I took it into Best Buy and compared it with the Note 3's they had and it definitely wasn't AMOLED. Also there were very very minor differences, at first glance it fooled even the Samsung employee there...I'm out $450.00. The transaction happened at Wendy's in Fremont California, the person was Asian, medium size build not fat but not thin, short dark hair, perhaps 5'4" - 5'7" went by the name Mike. I've repeatedly called him and he does not answer. It looked like he had a flip go phone. He was between the ages of 22-30 perhaps. I requested the video footage from Wendy's and they are providing it to me today, in which they have the whole transaction taking place. They have money exchanging hands, they have him getting into his car and driving away. So I will try and take this to the police. Hell, I've done half their job for them. It should be easy to catch this guy unless they don't care.

Pictures and video are here of the product: http://www.flickr.com/photos/macdidd...7641915138925/

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Jelly Bean Rom

Wow! That is a damn good counterfeit. I was literally on my way to go pick one up off craigslist. I immediately cancelled the meet up. Honestly based off those pictures I would have never known it was fake. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the info OP and Welcome to Andriod Central

Wow that box looks like the real deal. The problem occurs when yo look at the film on the screen and then look at the s-pen.

I almost think this dude bought a unlocked international one, then just swapped the phone with a knock off. Everything else looks legit. That stinks.

You got a variation of this phone

New 1:1 Note 3 N9000 N9006 5.7 inch 3G android 4.3 MTK6572 WCDMA GPS 8MP Smart Phone Micro SIM Single Card Gift Free shipping-in Mobile Phones from Electronics on Aliexpress.com

They aren't bad if you are expecting them though. Just really not a note phone
    Craig
    Phone :: BB880>>BB9000>>Captivate>>Galaxy Note1>>Galaxy Note 3
    Tablet :: B&N Nook >> Xoom >> Nexus 10
    Game/Mini-PC :: Zealz G802 >> Ouya

Quote Originally Posted by mchoudhry2k View Post
    I just purchased a fake on Craigslist yesterday. I took it into Best Buy and compared it with the Note 3's they had and it definitely wasn't AMOLED. Also there were very very minor differences, at first glance it fooled even the Samsung employee there...I'm out $450.00. The transaction happened at Wendy's in Fremont California, the person was Asian, medium size build not fat but not thin, short dark hair, perhaps 5'4" - 5'7" went by the name Mike. I've repeatedly called him and he does not answer. It looked like he had a flip go phone. He was between the ages of 22-30 perhaps. I requested the video footage from Wendy's and they are providing it to me today, in which they have the whole transaction taking place. They have money exchanging hands, they have him getting into his car and driving away. So I will try and take this to the police. Hell, I've done half their job for them. It should be easy to catch this guy unless they don't care.

Pictures and video are here of the product: http://www.flickr.com/photos/macdidd...7641915138925/
    Sorry that happened to you. In the future, I would recommend meeting at a tmobile, AT&T, Sprint or VZW store. Have them activate the phone and verify everything before handing over money.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
    H3aTeRzz likes this.

Pictures and video are here of the product: Counterfeit Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - a set on Flickr
    Not sure if the Police will be able to do anything, I could be wrong, but I believe this would fall under a civil matter, not a criminal matter. California may be different, but here in Louisiana, you would have to file a claim in civil court.
    Who am I? Well sir, that's classified!

If I've helped you, hit the THANKS button!

Note 3 AT&T

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Yeah, I just wanted to help others so it doesn't happen to them. Even though I got taken for $450 the phone was for my wife's Birthday gift and I didn't have enough money to purchase another phone for her I just took her out to dinner. I'm not going to give her a fake phone. That guy basically stole my wife's birthday present!
    Thanked by:
    H3aTeRzz likes this.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Yes I definitely agree but I was setting up the day for my wife's birthday, and was rushing around this phone was supposed to be her bday gift but this craigslist scammer basically stole my wife's birthday gift away from her. I'm not giving her a fake phone.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I just need to do something you know? I feel pretty helpless right now...

Yes I definitely agree but I was setting up the day for my wife's birthday, and was rushing around this phone was supposed to be her bday gift but this craigslist scammer basically stole my wife's birthday gift away from her. I'm not giving her a fake phone.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I just need to do something you know? I feel pretty helpless right now...
    Oh...definitely pursue, even if nothing happens, I would get the satisfaction of knowing that I tracked the &^%*^*&^*%^* down! LOL!!

Note 3 AT&T

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

I just spoke to a Sgt at Fremont PD, and he was very interested in the case, moreso because of the fact that we have all the video footage. So I'm going to continue to pursue this as long as I can.

Hopefully someone will be able to do something, if at the very least make it hard for this guy to continue to scam people.
    msndrstood and H3aTeRzz like this.

Keep us posted!

Note 3 AT&T
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

So the latest is they are very interested in the case and it is being escalated to a joint task force (federal and local). I have a call with them tomorrow and will be working with them.
    msndrstood likes this.

That's great news!!

Note 3 AT&T

Hope they are caught quick! I had someone try to sell me a fake as well! Switched the back cover with one from a real T-Mobile Note 3.

Default Re: Counterfeit Samsung Galaxy Note 3 devices on Craigslist in US market

Seem like happened to me also.I bought a fake Samsung note 3 on Craigslist by a Asian Guy and Asian lady! ! They look like Korean. Let me know if police going to do something. Please email me @Truongkalvin@yahoo.com. I want them to get charge and hopefully I can get my money back.Thanks for your information