Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dorrien12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T: Where can you get it on sale?

I've convinced my friend to use his upgrade (he has an iphone 4 and has been sitting on an upgrade for more than a year) He is tech illiterate. When we went to the AT&T store, he ended up liking Moto X, LG G2 and Galaxy Note 3. He hates iOS 7. He does not own a computer, so I was leaning towards advising him to get the Note 3 because of the big screen (he does all of his browsing on his phone). I'm a fan of the Moto X and it pains me to have to recommend a phone with touchwiz on it but I think for what he needs, the note 3 might be the best. He was mesmerized by the leather back and using two apps side by side feature.

Problem is that it is 299 on contract while Moto X and LG G2 are 99 on contract. We are thinking to wait to see if there are any sales comining up. He may be willing to get it for 199. Does anyone know of any sales coming up?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-26-2014 at 12:53 AM.

Default Re: Where can you get it on sale?

Got my wife the note 3 for 199.99 at best buy last night

Posted via Android Central App

New 2 yr contract

They are on sale for $199 at Best Buy until Dec. 24th. Got mine last Sunday. Nice phone. Replaced my iPhone 5.

Quote Originally Posted by VJKotts View Post
    Problem is that it is 299 on contract while Moto X and LG G2 are 99 on contract. We are thinking to wait to see if there are any sales comining up. He may be willing to get it for 199. Does anyone know of any sales coming up?
    I got mine for
    $175
    Free overnight shipping
    waived upgrade fee
    $100 off my bill (within 45 days)
    a FREE galaxy gear watch

call RETENTION, don't ask them what's available, TELL THEM WHAT YOU WANT !!!

AT&T has it now for $149.99, free shipping or in - store pickup.

Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by dorrien12 View Post

Oh wow this may be my chance to drop my Blackberry and get a phone with some Apps!

WOW!

Im calling tomorrow! I just added a note 3 to my account paid 299 and got some credits on my account...

Default Re: AT&T: Where can you get it on sale?

Redover69 how did it work out , they have 30 day price protection.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

I didnt have time today. Im going to look and see when exactly I got my note 3 and see if its close to that 30 days!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrien12 View Post

Still shows $299 online for me.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

FYI - That $149 is only for New Accounts ... Just got mine as an upgrade and it was $299 on contract ... Also, as an FYI - If you're lucky enough to have grandfathered unlimited data they likely won't be able to help you at the store ... You'll have to do it through the web. The web will show your current plan and let you do the upgrade. At the store they said it wasn't available to them so I couldn't finish the transaction. Went home and within 5 minutes was set and ready to go. 'Course the disadvantage is having to wait ... I'm monitoring my UPS thread right now ! Ordered on Saturday and it should be delivered Today ...

I only see it for $149 on Amazon wireless , AT&T's website says $299.

ROM
    GB 2.3.6

I have been an AT&T subscriber for over 10 years and I can tell you that it's not for new accounts. If you try and place the order online, it will default from the $149 price to $299 price when you add it to the cart. I called AT&T about this on Monday. After half of a day of investigations, they called me back and sold it to me for the advertised price of $149 with a 2 year contract extension (I was on month to month because my contract expired a few months ago). I was told it was a "website glitch" and that they were able to order it for me over the phone. Give it a try - you have nothing to loose.

Quote Originally Posted by calred34 View Post
    FYI - That $149 is only for New Accounts ... Just got mine as an upgrade and it was $299 on contract ... Also, as an FYI - If you're lucky enough to have grandfathered unlimited data they likely won't be able to help you at the store ... You'll have to do it through the web. The web will show your current plan and let you do the upgrade. At the store they said it wasn't available to them so I couldn't finish the transaction. Went home and within 5 minutes was set and ready to go. 'Course the disadvantage is having to wait ... I'm monitoring my UPS thread right now ! Ordered on Saturday and it should be delivered Today ...

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts

Bump...back to $299 with $100 credit on bill after 45 days, bummer!!
    Somebody let me know if you still get the $149?

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app

It looks like the sale is over, I saw it for the first time on the 24th.

ROM
    GB 2.3.6

I ordered mine on Monday and was able to get it for $149 / free shipping and a waived activation fee. The only caveat was that I spent a lot of time on the phone with AT&T trying to get them to make good on the advertised website price. In the end, they agreed and sold it to me for the $149 and gave me free next day shipping. It really is worth calling and being as polite as possible.

Amazon had it for $149 too but no longer, least expensive is $249. I think if you've been an AT&T customer for a number of years (say 3 or more) you could call retention and get the $149 price. That's what I intend to do as I didn't have a chance to get one when they were $149. If AT&T & Amazon were selling it for $149 I have to believe you could still get one at that price through AT&T. It's the profits from the contract that AT&T is concerned with, not selling the phone for $149, they have already built in the full cost of the phone in your monthly service charge. If they sold it at that price it can still be had at that price. When I call retention for either the wireless or UVerse I always express the payment in annual terms and that in my experience lends a more favorable focus on getting the deal you want. (i.e. do you want me to spend $1500-1700 a year with AT&T or Verizon?)

Got mine at Costco over the weekend for $230. Got the $100 AT&T bill credit, no activation fee, and an accessory bundle.

I called AT&T last week and ordered the black note 3 and the lady gave me the galaxy gear for free but man the note 3 is big and I only have 4 days to make up my mind to keep it or send it back.

@dirtybirdsfan how did you get the free gear, I asked for one and couldn't get it.

Hi all

Please let me know where to call att for the $149 price if its still available.

thanks

To be honest I called customer care and just ask and she put me on hold and said her manager has approved it.

OMG....@ dirtybirdsfan last week I asked retention for one and they said they couldn't do it. Well I just got off the phone with AT&T customer care and the manager approved it and I should have it by Friday or Monday.....yayeeeee

Thanked by:
    dirtybirdsfan likes this.

I have my watch and it's so cool....