- 23 Posts
I just turned in my Galaxy s2 Skyrocket for a shiny new Note 3. To tell you the truth, I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the things this phone can do. I plan on using my Note for many more things then I did with my Skyrocket. Security for this phone is now important to me. What security measures do you utilize/install on your Note to help you feel secure? Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!
- 12-27-2013, 03:02 PM #2
This thread might help you: What types (and maybe specific) apps do i need as far as spyware/adware/security...
- 12-30-2013, 08:42 PM #3
- 12-30-2013, 09:21 PM #4
Security software is an interesting topic. Some believe in it. Others do not. If you plan on only installing apps from the Play store you may be fine without it but you can try various packages, like the aforementioned Lookout and see how that works for you.
- 12-31-2013, 12:02 AM #5
- 01-05-2014, 11:40 PM #7
- 01-06-2014, 12:35 PM #8
On my previous phones I have used a security program that became available to Android after using it on pc's since the early 90's. After two years I have never had a warning or suspect app. On the Note 3 I use the supplied LOOKOUT app and it seems to do a good job. Again without ever having found an issue. As mentioned above it is highly rated so I don't feel the need to use something else at present. And with never having had a warning on any of these phones over the past 2 years I am not sure that the threat is real enough to be concerned with at this time. Just my 2 cents.
- 01-10-2014, 05:09 PM #9
- By 5agarj79 in forum AT&T Galaxy Note 2Replies: 2Last Post: 12-27-2013, 04:05 PM
- By Rajesh Patil in forum Android AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 12-25-2013, 06:14 PM
- By officialclar in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 12-23-2013, 05:53 PM
- By Mojave in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3Replies: 8Last Post: 12-21-2013, 07:11 AM
- By mawil1013 in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 0Last Post: 12-19-2013, 03:50 PM