"Android OS" killing my battery...
today at work, my battery started at 100% at 8am and drained to 30% by 4pm with minimal usage. GPS, Wifi, instant messaging were all off. Screen is turned low, and auto is checked. Location services are all unchecked. Power Saving Mode is turned on.
I go to settings and see that 96% of the culprit is "Android OS". what is this, and what else can i check to see what is causing this?
- 12-27-2013, 10:06 PM #2
- 12-28-2013, 02:39 PM #4
- 12-29-2013, 12:42 PM #6
Re: "Android OS" killing my battery...
No, the kernel is the most essential part of the OS. This kind of thing can happen from time to time--I wish I could tell you why. Rebooting often helps. Also consider a cache partition wipe--you won't lose any personal data or settings. [GUIDE] Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013) Cache Partition Wipe
Posted via Android Central App
- 12-29-2013, 11:03 PM #8
- 12-29-2013, 11:12 PM #9'From one thing, you learn a thousand things.' - From the Earth Book in the Book of Five Rings
'Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today.' - James Dean
Current Devices: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
Community Guidelines: Here
And also: Here
- By Edible Walrus in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 7Last Post: 01-12-2014, 07:31 AM
- By Pubudu Kodikara in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 12-29-2013, 05:06 PM
- By kwitel in forum HTC OneReplies: 4Last Post: 12-28-2013, 08:06 AM
- By stratct in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-27-2013, 08:41 PM
- By thehairlesscat in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0Replies: 2Last Post: 12-27-2013, 04:41 PM