Finally found my way back home.....

anon395528

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
First off I wanna give props to Mobile Nation....I really like this concept of one master community for all phones and operating systems. I depend on user forums regardless of the product to filter fan bois and haters and come up with an educated, personal decision on what is best for my needs.

My Galaxy S3 was a very good phone. Maybe due to her age, but the battery life seemed to really wane and after KitKat things just were not right. The Samsung ads make me boil because I think they are so stupid trying to convince me in the value of being able to fart purple with their phones. The Lebron James ads are pretty effective though because they almost seem like real life applications. But, I was obsessed with getting my first phablet and give me big baby!

I did have a friend who has a hot girlfriend and they both are Lumia fans. There was some street cred coming from them. So, even though I had been denied twice before, I called into AT&T and tried to sing my song one more time. They got me into the 1520 AND a 2520. Dang...the 1520 was seemingly HUGE. {what is weird it that it is probably only 10% larger than the Note 3 but it seemed 50% larger}. I did not really think my daily app appetite was going to be too hard to switch over. I was wrong. The Nokia phone is a beautiful piece of art laying on the coffee table but I did not want to use it. Almost immediately I regretted the switch but also realized that the 2520 could satisfy my phablet need.

I am not a guy to backtrack. Full steam ahead is my motto. But, I just had so much loathing for the 1520 as a daily driver, I knew I needed to return the 1520 even if it meant staying with my S3.

Went into the local AT&T store (I had made my purchases over the phone but I was instructed it would be better to go into a store to return it...) and explained I was there to return the 1520. If you can get me into a Note 3 great...if I just leave with my S3, I am ok with it. Lesson learned.

An hour later I left with a black Note 3 and what amazes me is how this phone does not feel big but it feels like quality and it is sexy. I am not really a stylus guy but all the newer features immediately translated to value and I am a pretty happy camper. It does bum me out that Google and Android have such dominance but for now I need my data and information a certain way and they know how to deliver it.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
There is nothing wrong with trying the other guys devices. However, with both Windows phones, and Blackberries, I think you hit the nail on the head. A lack of applications can be frustrating.

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Loved my WP as well but lack of apps became annoying. Had to switch to android to get any usefulness out of my smart phone.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Loved my WP as well but lack of apps became annoying. Had to switch to android to get any usefulness out of my smart phone.

My experience exactly. I like WP's UI, but in its present state it's not very capable. I might try again in a year or two.

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah WP has 2 more years to mature. That's more than any other OS has needed so it needs to be damnit near perfect by then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12