Samsung Galaxy Note 3 or wait?

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Curious, the SGN3 has been out for a while now, no?
My missus is thinking about getting one, but is another Note or S5 due out shortly?

I'd hate for her to get a Note 3, and then 30-60 days the next Note or Galaxy S5 or something is released.

Thanks in advanced.

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
My missus is thinking about getting one, but is another Note or S5 due out shortly?

I'd hate for her to get a Note 3, and then 30-60 days the next Note or Galaxy S5 or something is released.

Thanks in advanced.

Note 3 has only been out for a little over 3 months, so the Note 4 is still a bit of a wait, S5 probably isn't too far out, big thing with the note of course is the s pen so apples to oranges in my opinion.

Lilshaq65

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I would still get the Note 3. It's a very great phone. The S5 will be good but I doubt it will be a huge difference

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

Thanks in advanced.

I don't know about S5. I have a note 3 and I love it for its screen real estate. Not get to g any younger so big screen good for me. I came from a BB10; that screen was too small. I don't think I'll will go back. When the Z30 came I had a look at it and did not give me any better than my Z10. So I went with th note 3. No regrets here

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using AC Forums mobile app

conanheath

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
N3 has plenty of horsepower and staying power. If you can handle the size, the specs will be top tier for at least a couple of years. S5 will of course have the latest, greatest but I can't see it offering anything that will leave you disappointed with a N3 purchase today. I'm sure someone will prove me wrong but N3 will satisfy power users for years to come.

ATT N3

clietreo

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've had my N3 for 3 months and it keeps impressing me. Honestly, this phone is the best. Like others have said, any new phone will not have the fantastic s pen. Get it!

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
To confirm, no matter the Android device one MUST 'log into' the device with a GMail account, right? I ask because I'm thinking of moving away from Google/Gmail, hence the question...

MMcCraryNJ

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
To confirm, no matter the Android device one MUST 'log into' the device with a GMail account, right? I ask because I'm thinking of moving away from Google/Gmail, hence the question...

Not necessarily. You can run pretty much any Android device without Google Services/Google Apps.

But the better question is, why would you? You would lose access to vital features, such as the Play Store, Maps/Navigation, Contact and Calendar Sync, etc. You wouldn't be able to do much on an Android device without signing into a Google account.

If you're honestly thinking of moving away from Google, don't buy an Android device. Go with an iPhone or Windows Phone.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Not necessarily. You can run pretty much any Android device without Google Services/Google Apps.

But the better question is, why would you? You would lose access to vital features, such as the Play Store, Maps/Navigation, Contact and Calendar Sync, etc. You wouldn't be able to do much on an Android device without signing into a Google account.

If you're honestly thinking of moving away from Google, don't buy an Android device. Go with an iPhone or Windows Phone.

Duh, I wasn't thinking about the Play Store side of things. Hmm, I guess to have an Android it wouldn't be wise to not have a Google/GMail account...

lang007

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I have the Z10 now and I am thing about the Note 3. seeing how you have had the Z10 is the Note3 a much better phone. I am torn because I have had a BB for so long and I really do not want to leave but it is looking as if it may be time.

lang007

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about S5. I have a note 3 and I love it for its screen real estate. Not get to g any younger so big screen good for me. I came from a BB10; that screen was too small. I don't think I'll will go back. When the Z30 came I had a look at it and did not give me any better than my Z10. So I went with th note 3. No regrets here

I have the Z10 now and I am thing about the Note 3. seeing how you have had the Z10 is the Note3 a much better phone. I am torn because I have had a BB for so long and I really do not want to leave but it is looking as if it may be time.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
The S5 probably won't even come out until June 2014 or so. I'd say get the Note 3. Came from an iPhone 5 three months ago and loving my Note 3!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

moody1940

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey my friend wait it out, from what im reading the s5 shld be coming out around April like the s3 did

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using AC Forums mobile app

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Thanks in advanced.

For me I only upgrade every two to four years. It's just not worth it to be chasing the technology tail so to peak. Anytime you buy a piece of tech it's already outdated so to chase it constantly is pointless. I'll have the N3 for quite some time, at least two years probably longer.

Posted via Android Central App

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
As one person stated, the Note 4 probably won't be out til toward the end of the year. No point waiting there. As for the S5, totally depends on whether you want the bigger size of the Note and of course the S Pen. That is the biggest difference here and not a little one. I've had both the S4 and now the Note 3 and the Note 3 is the best hands down (and the S4 is NOT a bad phone). I love the Note

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

I have always loved Blackberrys as it was my first smart phone MANY years ago. That said, I think the time has come to move on my friend. I am constantly reading of some developer dropping Blackberry. I believe my own Bank was one of them (Chase). It's getting harder and harder to find developers working with Blackberry and I think now it appears that BB is going back to its roots and catering to the business crowd. Even that is going bad. I work for a large Federal Law Enforcement Agency and they are in the process of going from BB to iPhone. The writing is on the wall. Besides, the Z10 can't even come close to what the Note can do. Just sayin...

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

I did run the Z10 for a few months and I can tell you that their browser is real slow compare to note 3. I am not much on the net but when I need it. It is kind of nice to have a better speed. I still have my Z10 for now till I decide to sell it. If BB would make something like the note 3 then I would go back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech