- 2 Posts
Slow download speed on both wi-fi and data?
Not sure if this has been posted before. Recently I have been noticing slow download speed for my note 3 in both wi-fi and data (ATT).
Just for Wi-Fi speed comparison my macbook averages a DL speed of 50 Mbps and a UL speed of 15Mbps on Wi-Fi. My GF's ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 has a DL speed of 45Mbps and a UL speed of 15 Mbps on wi-fi. So my wi-fi internet speed is out of the equation.
My note 3 averages a DL speed of 2mbps in both data and wi-fi with a 15mbps UL. ATT is fairly known for throttling unlimited data users. But is it possible to throttle wi-fi speeds? what could be causing my note 3 to reduce the download speed?
I did the log out of google account and log back in thing with no success.
- 01-20-2014, 11:36 PM #2
Re: Slow download speed on both wi-fi and data?
Off the top of my head does you WiFi router have both 2.4 Ghz/5 Ghz bands? If so is it possible your connecting with your Note 3 on 2.4 Ghz and the others you mentioned at the faster 5 Ghz frequency?Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central
I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
- By kolyan2k in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 7Last Post: 01-25-2014, 11:27 AM
- By weksa in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 6Last Post: 01-22-2014, 02:30 PM
- By I Can Be Your Hero in forum Sony Xperia Z1Replies: 11Last Post: 01-21-2014, 09:01 PM
- By KS Uthayya in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 2Last Post: 01-21-2014, 07:29 PM
- By JoeNM84 in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 1Last Post: 01-21-2014, 11:29 AM