- 2 Posts
Slow download speed on both wi-fi and data?
Not sure if this has been posted before. Recently I have been noticing slow download speed for my note 3 in both wi-fi and data (ATT).
Just for Wi-Fi speed comparison my macbook averages a DL speed of 50 Mbps and a UL speed of 15Mbps on Wi-Fi. My GF's ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 has a DL speed of 45Mbps and a UL speed of 15 Mbps on wi-fi. So my wi-fi internet speed is out of the equation.
My note 3 averages a DL speed of 2mbps in both data and wi-fi with a 15mbps UL. ATT is fairly known for throttling unlimited data users. But is it possible to throttle wi-fi speeds? what could be causing my note 3 to reduce the download speed?
I did the log out of google account and log back in thing with no success.
- 01-21-2014, 12:36 AM #2
Re: Slow download speed on both wi-fi and data?
Off the top of my head does you WiFi router have both 2.4 Ghz/5 Ghz bands? If so is it possible your connecting with your Note 3 on 2.4 Ghz and the others you mentioned at the faster 5 Ghz frequency?Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central
- By kolyan2k in forum Moto XReplies: 7Last Post: 01-25-2014, 12:27 PM
- By weksa in forum Moto XReplies: 6Last Post: 01-22-2014, 03:30 PM
- By I Can Be Your Hero in forum Sony Xperia Z1Replies: 11Last Post: 01-21-2014, 10:01 PM
- By KS Uthayya in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 2Last Post: 01-21-2014, 08:29 PM
- By JoeNM84 in forum Moto XReplies: 1Last Post: 01-21-2014, 12:29 PM