Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need some help with rooting.

Hey everyone
    I have a note 3 (n900a of course on AT&T), running 4.3 mj5.
    I am trying to root. I haven't found a way through Odin, but I hear kingo works well and is now trusted. We'll for 3 nights now, I have tried kingo with no luck. It will either not connect saying USB connection is unstable, or when it does actually connect, it says I am using an s2. I have deleted all samsung drivers and kies, i redownloaded kies and used those drivers, deleted kites and used samsung official drivers, tried it all. No matter what, it says I have an s2.

I have searched up and down and can not find anyone who has run into this issue. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to root or get Kingo working? I don't really want to use root de la vega. I have heard a few bad things.

Thanks.

Global Posts
    21,553 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Need some help with rooting.

Quote Originally Posted by editionfws View Post
    Hey everyone
    I have a note 3 (n900a of course on AT&T), running 4.3 mj5.
    I am trying to root. I haven't found a way through Odin, but I hear kingo works well and is now trusted. We'll for 3 nights now, I have tried kingo with no luck. It will either not connect saying USB connection is unstable, or when it does actually connect, it says I am using an s2. I have deleted all samsung drivers and kies, i redownloaded kies and used those drivers, deleted kites and used samsung official drivers, tried it all. No matter what, it says I have an s2.

I have searched up and down and can not find anyone who has run into this issue. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to root or get Kingo working? I don't really want to use root de la vega. I have heard a few bad things.

Thanks.
    I have never trusted apps to root for me. I would look through this: GalaxyNote3Root.com - Learn How to Root Galaxy Note 3!
    He does how to videos well, and for ROMs he does a slight preview of them, so you kinda peek at them before even flashing.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I have never trusted apps to root for me. I would look through this: GalaxyNote3Root.com - Learn How to Root Galaxy Note 3!
    He does how to videos well, and for ROMs he does a slight preview of them, so you kinda peek at them before even flashing.
    Unfortunately I don't see anything for the n900a AT&T note 3.

Unfortunately I don't see anything for the n900a AT&T note 3.
    I did it with Odin. It was pretty straight forward. Follow this guide to the letter and you'll be set.

You should check out the Note 3 forums and videos on xda developers.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Crxssroad View Post
    I did it with Odin. It was pretty straight forward. Follow this guide to the letter and you'll be set.
    Thanks. Did you try it with mj5? If so I'll try it tomorrow.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by SactoKingsFan View Post
    You should check out the Note 3 forums and videos on xda developers.
    I did actually. On their root video, I downloaded the file but it timed out every time I tried to download it. I watched their video a few times while it was downloading. It's simple enough, that's now I did my s3.

But I may have found why kingo wasn't working for me. I still had lookout running and it won't work with it running. I'll have to try tomorrow.

Thanks. Did you try it with mj5? If so I'll try it tomorrow.
    Mine is mi9. I'm not completely sure if that will cause you any problems but as long as you follow the guide to the letter I'm sure you'll be fine. I think one of the steps runs a check on your phone to see if it'll work before hand. Also, if you're not on lightning fast Internet, I would suggest downloading the necessary files now so it doesn't interrupt your working flow tomorrow.

Sent by my lady friend, Note 3
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Crxssroad View Post
    Mine is mi9. I'm not completely sure if that will cause you any problems but as long as you follow the guide to the letter I'm sure you'll be fine. I think one of the steps runs a check in your phone to see if it'll work before hand. Also, if you're not on lightning fast Internet, I would suggest downloading the necessary files now so it doesn't interrupt your editing flow tomorrow.

Sent by my lady friend, Note 3
    I don't think mi9 will work, but I'll download the file to be safe. I'll start it in the morning and it will be done by the time I get home.

I have read fun several sites to make sure it's original cord and if you still have the problem try a different usb port. Also I have read issues with laptops over desktops

Posted via my Note 3

I have a n900a with mi9. I rooted with Kingo the first day I got the phone. No problems at all and it rooted quickly. Not sure why your having problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk