Note 3: Screen comes on when battery is lower than 13%

eugchen

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
not sure why it keeps doing what the title says....cant figure out how to STOP this! any ideas?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Screen comes on when battery is lower than 13%

not sure why it keeps doing what the title says....cant figure out how to STOP this! any ideas?

thanks
Does it have any notifications or alerts? My phone does it at 14 and 4% to tell me I have a low battery and to plug in. That might be what is happening with yours

eugchen

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site

i dont see any notifications or alerts...

it stays on for 20 seconds, then screen turns off (i set the screen to shut down after 20 seconds)....

i do have power saver....but i cant imagine this is saving power!

this isnt the low battery and plug in alert that im talking about. the screen just truns on...and then shuts off after 20 seconds

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

i dont see any notifications or alerts...

it stays on for 20 seconds, then screen turns off (i set the screen to shut down after 20 seconds)....

i do have power saver....but i cant imagine this is saving power!

this isnt the low battery and plug in alert that im talking about. the screen just truns on...and then shuts off after 20 seconds
Weird, I haven't seen this happen before. And that's all it's doing? Just turns on at around 15% and turns off again? Doesn't happen at any other times? :eek:

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

First, you should never (if you can help it) let the battery run down to less than 40%. Constantly running it down to 13% is going to kill the battery before you want to replace the phone.

Then you'll never hit 13%, so you won't have the problem.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

I run my phone on silent most of the time. I noticed that when I get below 20% and the "power saving" features kick in, my sound turns itself on. Sometimes running the battery below 40% can't be helped. I think that is a bit harsh anyway. I could see maybe below 20% but not 40%. If I did that I may never get to leave my house. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2