Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Alejandro Tello Jr
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Email program won't download emails newer than 12/27/2013!

I've had my Note 3 since it first came out. For the last 6/7 days the newest email I can download is from 12/27/2013. I have tried changing the settings to manual, every 4 hrs, etc.. I have also deleted the account and reinstalled it in hopes that would fix it. I have done that with zero time to 2.5 days before re- adding the acct. One time out of the last 20 times it downloaded a few of the the current days emails but then only 4 of yesterday's and 5 of 2 days ago then jumped to 12/27. The very next time I synced them I lost the new emails and it went back to the newest of 12/27/2013.

I have the 2013 Nexus (not updated to kitkat), 2012 Nexus and a Hisense Sero 7 Pro and the emails all work fine. Also on my PC's there are no problems.

I do have all my emails saved to the Comcast servers if that even matters. Not sure the number but tens of thousands I'm sure.

Anyone having a similar problem or have a solution to this? I would greatly appreciate any help!
    Thanks

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk.
    Gary Scherler aka "CRUZR"
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 7 - 2013 - 32 GB, Nexus 7 - 2012 - 16GB, Hisense Sero 7 Pro - 8GB + 32GB, iPhone 5, 4S, 4.

Default Re: Email program won't download emails newer than 12/27/2013!

I dumped the default mail program and switched to aquamail. I had similar problems with mails not coming in and sometimes the phone wouldn't even give me a notification when recieving mail. I have 4 email accounts I use on the regular. 3 push Gmail, aol and icloud and 1 fetch time Warner. Hope that program helps you out it really helped me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    jneusch likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks... I downloaded aquamarine and it is doing the same thing. Both aquamarine and the stock email are currently downloading up to Jan. 1st 2014.
    When I use the xfinity email or browser email on the Note 3 it does work.
    Re-checked my Hisense Sero Pro 7, my Nexus 7 2013, and went out and got my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7" out of my car and now those are only downloading up to Jan.1, 2014.

Weird as yesterday they were working.
    I did pay attention the the Nexus 7 and it had the newer emails until it reloaded and then went back to Jan. 1, 2014.
    I am totally confused now!!!

ARGH!!!!!

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 7 - 2013 - 32 GB, Nexus 7 - 2012 - 16GB, Hisense Sero 7 Pro - 8GB + 32GB, iPhone 5, 4S, 4.

I have a brand new note 3, verizon, with comcast email and i cannot even get the phone to work with it. I had to download the aquamail, of which I am not a fan. I spoke with both Verizon and Comcast and made the point that surely the note 3's relative newness had been contemplated by both in terms of compatability with their systems, and surely android contemplated this...so why does my comcast email not work with the note 3. it loads the standard adroid email app and takes the settings but then when I go to send an email it goes into a terminal loop which says "loading". I have tried sending myself a test email...same thing. Any thoughts
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I've had my Note 3 since about 2 weeks after they came out and the Comcast mails always worked till recently. The same problem with Aquamail after I downloaded it. All about a month old. The Xfinity app works. Still not wanting to work!!!

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

UPDATE: Been 2 weeks and I tried the stock email program yesterday and it's now working again???? Not going to really question it but wish I knew what happened????

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Another update... Argh!! Now it's back to the same probkem. Back to one month old emails in the stock program as well as Aqua mail!

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Just another update.....
    It seems that one day I can see the emails correctly then it goes wonky going back 30 days or so as the newest.
    Some days it goes back and forth, like today. Started out ok then went to Jan as newest and then it went back to current date in the afternoon!

Driving me crazy!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

I had the same issue after the ATT update. It seems to have turned off the "SYNC" option in the notification tray. Didn't get any mail on any of my accounts unless a manual check. I turned my Sync back on and all is good.
    Nice ride by the way Cruzr. I'm waiting for spring myself.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Thanks for the compliment.

My downloads of emails change from one time to the next... never can tell if I'm going to download emails from a month ago or if it will do it correctly and download my current emails.
    Happened this morning and realized I was looking at 1/26/14 emails. After lunch I checked again and it downloaded today's emails as well as sone from yesterday. I receive about 120-150 emails everyday.

Drives me crazy!!!