Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Should I return my Note 3?

Hi ive only had my note 3 for a few days and the battery life has been awful compared to what other people are getting. Mine is no where close to 2 days i can only get 13 hours max then i need to charge ive already done a factory reset and no luck. Could my device be defective? Should i return it to AT&T and get another while i still can?Should I return my Note 3?-screenshot_2014-02-06-21-46-22.jpg this is the best battery life i have gotten. could someone let me know what i should do please?

I also have power saving always on and screen brightness to about 16% and almost all features turned off

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts

Default Re: Should I return my Note 3?

I get a whole day out of mine. I'm a heavy user. I start my day around 5 am at the gym streaming radio fire about an hour. I have 6 email addresses synced to my phone. Plus, I'm constantly surfing the Web, Facebook, Twitter, etc. I have my screen set to auto with bluetooth, wifi, and nfc always on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    9,368 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Quote Originally Posted by ImStevo View Post
    Hi ive only had my note 3 for a few days and the battery life has been awful compared to what other people are getting. Mine is no where close to 2 days i can only get 13 hours max then i need to charge ive already done a factory reset and no luck. Could my device be defective? Should i return it to AT&T and get another while i still can?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-06-21-46-22.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	103726 this is the best battery life i have gotten. could someone let me know what i should do please?

I also have power saving always on and screen brightness to about 16% and almost all features turned off
    Welcome to Android Central
    It would be very helpful if you posted screenshots of your battery stats for a day. That'll help determine what is causing the drain and maybe find a solution

Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Ok I'll keep you updated today and I do play games watch YouTube etc ima heavy user I'm always on the Web. but I'll post screen shots midday and when my battery is gone today BTW android OS is normally a top battery user no clue why and I have started to use battery doctor.

Curious do you have a photo as your lock or home screen, earlier poster noticed it uses more battery than the stock screens due to size he reduced his to stock screen sizes and consumption went down significantly read interesting discovery thread in general note 3 forum
    rvhs03 likes this.

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Here is a link to the above mentioned thread about wallpaper sizes and battery drain. Hope this helps! I get around 18 hours total time and between 5 and 6 hrs screen time and have since I got the phone.

Note 3: Interesting discovery regarding battery drain...

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

hey im here to post my midday battery usage i have been power using it for the past hour and a half browsing internet and playing clash of clans and youtube and its gone down about 18% no clue if thats normal for that kind of usage. Also found out my phone has great standby power it didn't go down in 3 hours of being unplugged not using it. Heres my battery
    Should I return my Note 3?-screenshot_2014-02-07-11-55-16.jpg
    Should I return my Note 3?-screenshot_2014-02-07-11-55-20.jpg
    Should I return my Note 3?-screenshot_2014-02-07-11-55-26.jpg

Oh and yesterday before going to bed i noticed my battery had lasted 5 and a half hours on screen time i don't know if thats good for a heavy user or not could someone let me know?

Global Posts
    544 Global Posts

How often are you losing signal from the network? In the building I work in I'm losing signal constantly so I bought an extended battery just to make it thru the day without have to charge it.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I normally have great signal while I'm at home which these screen shots are from and I have a mobile tower I don't know why it says I'm losing signal

Global Posts
    9,368 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

hey im here to post my midday battery usage i have been power using it for the past hour and a half browsing internet and playing clash of clans and youtube and its gone down about 18% no clue if thats normal for that kind of usage. Also found out my phone has great standby power it didn't go down in 3 hours of being unplugged not using it. Heres my battery
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-07-11-55-16.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	139.5 KB 
ID:	103817

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-07-11-55-20.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	103818

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-07-11-55-26.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	103819

Oh and yesterday before going to bed i noticed my battery had lasted 5 and a half hours on screen time i don't know if thats good for a heavy user or not could someone let me know?
    This actually is really good. You're on track for more than 7 hours of screen time with 20 hours off of the charger. Looks like you used airplane mode so that definitely helped.
    Doesn't look like you have anything to worry about

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

The thing is I never used airplane mode which worries me lol do you think my battery doctor app turned it on to save battery?

Global Posts
    9,368 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

The thing is I never used airplane mode which worries me lol do you think my battery doctor app turned it on to save battery?

I haven't used that app, but it's possible if it detected that your signal wasn't great

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Looking at my battery my phone use the cell stand by u guess that used less battery

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

I've been at home I have a mobile cell tower my signal is at full bars so I don't know what happened

Global Posts
    9,368 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

I've been at home I have a mobile cell tower my signal is at full bars so I don't know what happened

The cell stand by uses battery regardless of mobile signal. Having worse reception will increase the usage

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Oh well I'm kinda concerned now that my data is off and on but I'm still getting text and phone calls so it doesn't really matter I guess

Global Posts
    9,368 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Oh well I'm kinda concerned now that my data is off and on but I'm still getting text and phone calls so it doesn't really matter I guess

You can get texts and calls with data off. Just not MMS

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

It's sending MRS I guess it's only turning on when I need it but when I leave the house it stays on. Do you think that is a concern and should I take this phone back to At&t to try to get a replacement? To fix my battery problem too

Global Posts
    9,368 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

It's sending MRS I guess it's only turning on when I need it but when I leave the house it stays on. Do you think that is a concern and should I take this phone back to At&t to try to get a replacement? To fix my battery problem too

If you have WiFi on you can still send/receive MMS. Your battery seems great from what I saw

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Ok Thanks for the help I w as just worried because I wasn't getting these insane battery life

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Oh and I removed my Google search widget and I've gotten much better battery life once I removed it

Global Posts
    9,368 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Ok Thanks for the help I w as just worried because I wasn't getting these insane battery life

Not sure how your battery is doing now, but you were on pace for more than 7 hours of screen time. That's pretty damn good
    Your usage will affect how the battery does, the people who get 8+ hours probably have their screen brightness lower than you or might not stream/play games as much as you do

23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Yeah probably I'm at 3 hours and 15 minutes on screen time at 49% now so we will see at the end of the day I'm at 10 hours of on battery and I haven't used power saving today which is a first. Also I saw somewhere that it can take a few days for batteries to start getting their max life expecially if you didn't fully charge before first use not sure if that's true though . I also turned down my vibrations because they were becoming annoying at stock settings.

Global Posts
    9,368 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Yeah probably I'm at 3 hours and 15 minutes on screen time at 49% now so we will see at the end of the day I'm at 10 hours of on battery and I haven't used power saving today which is a first. Also I saw somewhere that it can take a few days for batteries to start getting their max life expecially if you didn't fully charge before first use not sure if that's true though . I also turned down my vibrations because they were becoming annoying at stock settings.

Yeah, if you haven't had it for too long the battery could still be "settling in"
    I didn't notice much difference between power saving mode and regular when I used it on my S4

Hi ive only had my note 3 for a few days and the battery life has been awful compared to what other people are getting. Mine is no where close to 2 days i can only get 13 hours max then i need to charge ive already done a factory reset and no luck. Could my device be defective? Should i return it to AT&T and get another while i still can?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-06-21-46-22.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	103726 this is the best battery life i have gotten. could someone let me know what i should do please?

I don't care what anyone says. I have to seriously wonder about those people who claim two days. Maybe if you turn ALL background data off, have your display at 20% brightness and NEVER use your phone. Just as a comparison for you: I have my display at 100% brightness (old eyes), WiFi turned on all the time, BT occasionally, GPS on always, background checks running regularly (3 email addresses, Facebook, Twitter, News and weather hourly) and I actually use the thing probably at a moderate level. For this, I can get about 15 hrs taking it all the way down to a red battery indicator. Now, if you didn't have the screen at 100% like I do, you could probably do considerably better but that's how I like it and I will NOT compromise my needs just so I can say I got 2 days out of it. I work in an office where I can plug it for a bit in the afternoon if I need to. My only demand is that my phone get me thru the entire work day with normal usage. I think that's all anyone can ask given my settings. So I guess if you want to sit your phone on a table and not use it for 2 days, you'd probably be able to without it dying. You just have to be realistic here. Besides, do you REALLY need your phone to last 2 days if you can just plug the darn thing in every night? Seriously..
    akdj, alhc78 and H3aTeRzz like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast